Tuesday, November 5, 2019

A Postman Idea

 I finished a pair of mitts!  Do you like them?  They are a little bright, aren't they?  They were fun to knit using fat wool.

Look at Mr. Bigpaw!
 We had a lot of fun on Halloween!  Isn't Miss Bug an adorable Mary Poppins?
 And Millie Rose was a cat (from Alice, you know)

 Sam aka Harry Potter!
 James and Noah were too fast for Granny's photo taking skills.
 I went to Colorado Springs for a special Community Bible Study leader retreat.  Isn't this an amazing cloud?
 Here's Mr. Noah waiting for James at the bus stop.
 I have an idea for a blog event.  Would you be interested in a lightweight package containing The Jolly Postman and a bunch of envelopes coming to your house?  I'm still deciding about what each recipient would add to the portfolio before sending it on.  The postman would stay with you for a few days or a week and then you'd send him on his jolly way to the next person.  There will be more details but let me know if this sounds fun. 

 It's the month of pumpkin pie!  This was our Jenny's birthday pie.  It turned out so well, so I am planning on baking Thanksgiving pie this year.  Every year I say, "No need for pie because our peeps don't really appreciate it." Not true, I guess!  I'll make a pumpkin pie, a lemon pie and maybe an apple pie.  I do like making and baking pie.  I am going to order mince pies again for my December tea times.

I'm going to read the book of Isaiah during Advent.  
Isaiah 9:2 says, "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned." NIV
I want to steadfastly consider that GREAT LIGHT that chases away the darkness in my heart.  That's how I wish to celebrate Christmas. 
Even though my stomach hurts because I ate a few nuts, I'm heading outside to walk in the sunshine.
Thank you for stopping in, sweet friend.  

20 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Your Peeps are so cute in their costumes! So fun. I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie and any other kind of pie. I can't wait for Thanksgiving because then we will have pie. For the now, I'm trying to keep sweets away. I like your Advent thoughts. It's hard to believe it's almost that time of year. Happy Walking! I just came in from a walk.

Julia said...

Your mitts look very warm in that chunky yarn and very colorful indeed. I haven't knitted lately but I'm almost finished my 4th crocheted baby blanket. It's taking all my free time.

The little peeps look adorable in their Halloween costumes. I bet they had loads of fun at Halloween.

I love pumpkin pies and it's one of my favorites for this time of the year. Of course, I love any kind of pies, with pecan my #1 favorite.

Advent will be here in the blink of an eye. Time is moving very fast.
Hugs, Julia

Elizabethd said...

I love your mittens! You would always feel happy wearing those colourful hands!

Debi said...

Your little ones looked so cute on Halloween! Your pie looks delicious! I made a pumpkin pie for one of my grandsons... he was craving it and I happened to have a pie crust and a can of pumpkin on hand and he was spending the night. I hope you enjoyed your walk... too rainy and cold to walk here today.

happyone said...

Love the colorful mitts.
Everyone looked great in their Halloween costumes.
Pie looks delicious.
I like pie but like cake better.
Isaiah is a good book to read and study. I've read it earlier this year.

Kim said...

How sweet all your grands look in their costumes. Love Mary Poppins! Oh, those mitts....how fabulously colourful and creative they. Me thinks they are not too bright at all. The Jolly Postman does sound like too much fun. This world certainly needs more divine light and sunshine doesn't it. It is much too often a gloomy place these days. I think I too will go and embrace the sunshine on this happy spring day.

Happy@Home said...

The colorful mitts brought a smile to my face. I am one who loves color.
Adorable kids in their costumes. Fun times!
I don't eat pie too much throughout the year which makes it all the more highly anticipated when Thanksgiving rolls around.

Elderberry-Rob said...

lovely to read all your plans and see your colourful post. I don't think the postman event is for me, so am opting out but hope you get some takers. Up in the small hours with tonsillitis :(

Jeanie said...

Those mitts are just too darned cute -- and so are your littles! What a happy and delightful post!

Between Me and You said...

You are my sunshine!!Love your fat mittens. I would be interested in having the jolly postman come to mine. Nuts are off my menu too these days and I so love cashews.Sweet Halloween costumes.Xxx

Granny Marigold said...

Your grands had the cutest costumes. And your pie? Looks delicious!!
Timothy's huge paw made me smile. Good thing it's not really that big or he could create quite the havoc!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I like your mitts! They look so warm and cheery! It is good to see kids in such cute costumes. Nancy

Bonnie K said...

What a fun Halloween with such great costumes. Wish I had kids. The Postman book sounds fun. The mittens are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

ellen b. said...

It's always a happy time to come visit here. Love the Halloween costumes. There were a few Mary Poppins we spotted for Halloween. Colorful mitts! It's good to be in the light instead of the darkness.
Blessings!

Farm Girl said...

Your little mits are so much fun. I love all of the kids costumes. I love that you are always planning something fun. I am so looking forward to some real pumpkin pie soon. I love making pies.
I hope your tummy feels fine soon.
Its always so nice to stop by and get caught up with you.

Kit said...

Oh those costumes were wonderful!! Great job on the mitts, so colorful and you know I love color! Have a great week! 🍁 Kit

Lowcarb team member said...

Those mitts look wonderful, so colourful.
Loved seeing the photographs of the little ones, they do look cute in their Halloween outfits.

All the best Jan

Lisa Richards said...

I love the bright mitts and the cute grands! (Tim too!) I'd love to join in the Jolly Postman fun! Send me an email when you're sure it's a go and I'll give you my address. I think it's changed since the last mail thing we did. :)

Aritha V. said...

I love the mitts, they are so cute

M.K. said...

Hi, dear Pom! Your traveling postman idea sounds like fun - count me in!!! :) Those mitts are adorable and will be appreciated, I know.
I'm a big fan of pies too. Pumpkin pie is a fave, but also any fruit pie. Yummm. Now I want to go make some pies. Happy November!!

Followers