Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Happy Week

 I went to The Cheese Emporium again.  It's quite a journey so I only go there when we are up that way anyway.  I spoke to the owner who goes by the name of Pinkie. This is really her life's work, this little building full of Paris.  I thought you might like to browse.




 The real reason we were there is because of this one.  Yay for a sweet visit with our Brad.
 Birdie was in a play!  She's the skeleton.  Now that I've been costuming Peter Pan (not the whole thing - just a small contribution) I notice all the clever ways to create an effect.  This is brilliant, don't you think so?
 Oh, the sunny days.  Lunch outside.  Best.
 While I was in "Paris" I picked up six Van Gogh placemats. 
 Sweet little Noah still likes the Wendy house.
 James helps Grampy with chores. 
 Hard work deserves popsicles.

 I'm trying to finish up the other sock.
 Bill took my bike off the garage ceiling hooks so I had a bike ride on Easter Sunday.
 My grandmothers did a lot of baking, but this Granny doesn't do as much because in our family there doesn't seem to be a huge appreciation for cookies. 
 Even most of my wonky hot cross buns are now in the freezer.
 I would like to introduce you to Nana, the Darling's dog.
 Gluten free oats for breakfast.  Just right.

This is show week, so Bill and I are hustling to be where we can help and praying for Kelli as she pulls it all together.  What an accomplishment.  She has kept all the details in her amazing brain and it has all come together beautifully.  The sets are clever, the costumes are darling, and the children are absolutely precious.  I can't wait to see the show on Friday!
I'm headed down to the basement to sew a few seams.  I'm making some elastic waist jeans for me.  They are so comfy and they stay UP. This granny isn't posh and fancy.  This granny is comfortable.  Yay!
Our gardens are all ready for seeds and annuals.  Bill loaded so much new dirt into all the flowerbeds.  He's very nice.
Take care, sweet reader.  I hope I have the commenting fixed.  
Thank you for popping in! 

17 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning! It must be a blogger morning. I love Nana! What a sweet face. I bet you do notice costumes now.
I love those placemats! Oh and the table cloths at that store. What a fun place! I bet you are excited about planting.
You have such good helpers.
You have a lovely day today.

Danette Bartelmay said...

I want some of that violet soap. And those blue and white dishes! Your knitted sock is fantastic! I am so excited about your daughter's theater! What a thrill! So much hard work! I love the mermaid skirts from the last post that you made. You've had quite the month my friend!
Love to you,
Danette

Jeanie said...

All delightful! I need to find the cheese emporium -- I have some dessert plates like those in the photo -- yellow and blue. I didn't realize they had other dishes in that set. Could be trouble. Mr. Google!

Loved all your photos and all the yummies. Looks like a delightfully happy time. Cute sock, too!

Elizabethd said...

Lovely 'Parisian' goodies! But also some interesting packets of very British biscuits (cookies)!

Kim said...

Love all the colourful sights at the Chinese Emporium. All those pretty plates did make me smile. Kelli's show sounds fabulous. I hope all goes well without any hitches. Love the skeleton costume....very clever.

happyone said...

Oh that looks like a great place to walk around and see everything.
Hope all goes well with the show!!
Always nice to see what is going with you. :)

M.K. said...

That shop a la francais looks wonderful, I love those bright yellow dishes! Don't we all need happy yellow in our lives? Glad you are now out and about on your lovely bike and spring has arrived. I hope the show goes very well!!

Lisa Richards said...

I love all of the pretty things at the Paris shop! Hobnobs are delicious! We had some gorgeous warm weather today. Maybe spring is finally here! I vote for being a comfortable granny. Good idea!

Granny Marigold said...

Oh Thank you for taking me along on your browse through the Cheese Emporium! So many things to admire! Your place mats are so summery.
I hope Friday's production goes off with no hitches and maybe you'll have some pics to post?

Angela said...

Great costumes. That skeleton topics brilliant. I will file that idea away in case I'm ever asked to make one x

Between Me and You said...

First of all, I'd like to say that your little bit of 'Paris' is spectacular but 6 dollars for a packet of McVitie's Digestive is tres expensive, obviously because they have to be imported. Nevertheless, they're scrumptious dipped in your tea or sandwiched together with chocolate spread! Secondly, I love your 'Nana' doggy but then clearly I'm biased!! Good luck to your girl for her production which sounds delightful but such a lot of work. I'm totally procrastinating today since my car's in garage for it's annual inspection and I had the grands yesterday so feeling extremely lazy but thankful that I have the next two days off work (worked Good Friday and Easter Monday in lieu and I'm not even going to tell you about THAT workload I had to plough through!). Tons of love.xxx

magsmcc said...

That was a nice and extremely productive week! I do like the UK's contribution to Paris there with all our favourite "biscuits"! We've had lots of outside too, but not nearly as much industry! Here's to a nice weekend too, especially after the heights of the production x

My Creative Life said...

Love the costumes especially the dog, very clever. You've been very busy with so many things. Take care and have a lovely weekend, Cathy x

Elderberry-Rob said...

How exciting hope friday goes perfectly, skeketon costume is clever, your son brad looks gentle and kind, blessings to you and your loveky family. Betty x

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post, I enjoyed seeing your mix of photographs.
Hope all goes well with the show.

All the best Jan

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello Pom Pom! What a lovely shop there in "Paris" - certainly worth the trip. I love those Van Gogh placemats - he really uses lots of wonderful color, as everyone knows. So satisfying to the eye. I hope showtime went well as expected. And if I lived closer, I'd give your cookies and wonky hot cross buns some heartfelt appreciation! ;-)

Debi said...

The Emporium looks like a wonderful place to wander and shop! What clever costumes... I'm sure the show will be a wonderful success!

Followers