Tuesday, November 13, 2018

I've Got Those Christmas Feelings

 I've been watching The British Baking Show on Netflix. It's so fun to watch the bakers pull out the stops and produce such sweet treats.  I baked cinnamon rolls for dinner the other night (not just for us) and I used the frozen kind.  Cheater!  Not quite a star baker!

I finished two things!  This shawl/neck scarf thing.  It's kinda wonky so I must have made some mistakes.  Oh well!  It's done!
 I MAY have a bit of a wool hoarding problem.  Do you think so?
 This little sweater turned VEST is my next finish.  I am adding the rib to the armholes but I am waiting because I have been knitting too much and have knitting related aches again.
 It's hard being a teenager.  It's exhausting, it seems. 
 Here's Samantha's sweater.  I hope it's not too small.  I tried to stretch the sleeves.  Kids grow so fast and grannies are slow knitters!  Well, this granny is. 
 A cute guy says, "Hello, Beautiful!"
 I really should hide all of my knitting, so I am not tempted to knit.  It's hard.  
 I'm still loving looking at my gnomes on the red shelf.  My sister gave me most of the gnomes.  We give each other gnomes every now and then.  Our husbands are not gnome lovers, however.  
 I'm planning a knitty Christmas tree.  We'll see what I come up with.  I often get the Christmas feelings right before Thanksgiving.  I often think I should resist them, but maybe I'll capitalize on the happy anticipation because it might go away when I really need to feel all the holiday buzz buzz. What do you think?
 It's been cold for November.  I was out walking today and I tried to remind myself to look up.  I tend to forget my sunglasses and look down at the sidewalk instead of looking at the gorgeous scenery!  

I keep thinking about advent and the baby Jesus.  I want to memorize this:
Philippians 2:5-11
"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 
Who being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself
and became obedient to death - 
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

This is TRUTH.  I promise you.

Thank you for popping in, kind visitor. 

22 comments:

Angela said...

Frozen cinnamon rolls! I didn't know but I plan to find them! Lovely, lovely verse!

Jeanie said...

I'm trying to get through the art sale and Thanksgiving before too much Christmas but I am sorely tempted! I think your knitty tree will be just adorable!

Thanks for your visits and coming along on Paris/England ride!

Julia said...

Your love of knitting is amazing and your handiwork really shows this. I'm sorry your hands are hurting from the repetitive action of knitting. You may have to pace yourself.

Thanks for sharing this rich passage of scripture. It says a lot about God's love for us. So many are not even aware of this great love.

We woke up to snow too this morning and then the rain started. I wonder what mess awaits us in the morning.
Blessings, Hugs, Julia

Granny Marigold said...

You have snow on the ground!! No wonder you're feeling Christmassy.
It's not too early to start a bit of decorating, maybe listening to some lovely carols!!

Your cinnamon rolls are covered in wonderful icing. I can imagine how good they are ( were).

GretchenJoanna said...

I don't understand - why should you resist the "temptation" to knit? Also, I wouldn't recommend resisting Christmas-y feelings. I say, knit and feel Christmas-y as much as you like, and it will lead naturally to prayers and love of all sorts.

Julie said...

Your knitting is lovely dear Pom Pom ... I love your shawl = it looks so soft. Your skies are so very blue ... but it does look cold. We are getting into the warmer temps here now & I wore shorts for the very first time today! Happy week to you my friend Xxx

Between Me and You said...

Glad you're enjoying 'Bake Off'. I miss Mary Berry being on it though and that Paul Hollywood gets on my one last nerve! He's such a player!!He's on his third (much,much younger) wife you know! Loving the idea of your knitty christmas tree, it'll look darling. I'm just finishing off a wee sweater for my great-nephew but you're right about them growing too quickly. I hope it'll last at least for one winter. Your snowy pic is lovely but I'm not quite ready for it here, neither is my car but that's another story. Lots of love from me.xxx

Farm Girl said...

I love your idea of a knitting tree. I love that view with the tree and the snow on the ground and that blue, blue sky. I always enjoy seeing what you have been working on. You have been busy.
Its so nice to read your blog post this morning.

Elizabethd said...

Such a pretty shawl, and it didnt look wonky to me!

elizabeth said...

I agree with Elizabethd, the shawl is lovely! I have made store bought cinnamon rolls and find them yummy as well! God bless!!! I am looking forward to Christmas as well and decorating!

Lisa Richards said...

The knitted ornaments are so cute! I love your devotion to knitting. I hope the aches go away so you can do MORE! The rolls are making me so hungry... ;)

Henny Penny said...

Oh my! All cinnamon rolls look delicious...those look extra good. You knit such pretty things. I would love to know how to knit. Hope your pains go away so you can knit again. Timothy looks cuddly and warm. That is a beautiful verse.

Henny Penny said...

My comment just disappeared! As I was saying...you knit such pretty things. Hope your pain goes away so you can knit again. Timothy looks warm and cuddly. and, that is a beautiful verse from the Bible.

M.K. said...

Look at all the pretty knitting!! I notice that your knitting stash looks a lot like mine -- ziplock bags and then bigger canvas bags. My studio is full of them :) I'm sorry your hands are achy. I feel that a lot too.
My daughter in Mississippi sent me a photo this morning -- they had SNOW in Mississippi before Thanksgiving, which is unheard of! It hasn't happened since 1951.

Enjoy your Christmas season. My zeal for it doesn't lessen as Christmas comes. I hope yours doesn't either.

ellen b. said...

I'm getting those "Christmas urgings". Such powerful verses that you chose to memorize. It really is hard to fathom what Christ gave up for us. We can't honor him enough. Happy days to you as we anticipate this glorious season.

Elderberry-Rob said...

well I hope you don't resist your knitting! it's your creative energy coming out and a very good thing as everything you knit is for others - win/win. I dislike all the tinsel decorations and shop hype leading up to Christmas although I do enjoy creating my wreath - this year hubby is busy drying orange slices to decorate it!

happyone said...

Oh yummy cinnamon rolls. Love them.

I spent part of today going through my yarn and organizing it. I'm going to TRY to use up the yarn that I have before buying more. Very hard to do. : )

Nice job on the sweater and I love the colorful buttons.

Very Good verses to memorize!!

Connie said...

I love seeing all of your knitted creations . . . your knitting needles are smoking girl friend, LOL Those cinnamon rolls . . . yum . . tell me what tastes better or makes your home smell as heavenly as cinnamon rolls in the oven. The British Baking Show is one of my favorite shows, I love seeing their bake goods and the photography and gardens around the tent are breath taking :)
Wishing you a beautiful day.
Connie :)

NanaDiana said...

I, too, get anxious for Christmas about this time of year. Your knitting is awesome---it is something I have never learned to do. Amazing work...and looks like you have enough yarn to keep you busy?

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family- xo Diana

magsmcc said...

Truth indeed. Snow!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Pom Pom! Just popping by. I feel all Christmasy too and Advent upon on. I am already planning by Sunday advent dinners. I don't think you have too much wool -- it all looks lovely. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Kit said...

Always lovely to see what you and your family are doing. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :) Kit

Followers