Thursday, November 29, 2018

Hello Again!

 I spoke to my lovely mama on the phone today and she said she missed Pom Pom and I realized it has been a long while since I posted.  I think it's because when I DO open my laptop and start clicking around I can very likely spend over an hour enjoying myself and getting completely lost in Ravelry, The Woolly Thistle (great online yarn shop), Pinterest (you get the idea).  I do not like to miss your posts if you blog, but sometimes well . . . you know, the knitting, the reading, the writing, the drawing, and of course the home keeping . . . 

Here's my new calendar!  I wonder if I will knit birds.  
 Sam models her sweater. She's so nice.  
 Our trip to the American Girl store to buy her birthday doll was a quick endeavor.  After that, noodle eating.
 Thanksgiving was easy breezy.  I made trifle and let's face it, anything with that much whipped cream is delicious. 


These precious ones had a nice feast in Ft. Collins. They enjoyed a Glenwood Springs vacation prior to the holiday.  


 The next weekend while Sam had a sleep over with Miss Bug, Plum Cake and Millie came here.  We had fun! James and Noah joined us in the morning, so we went to the school to play.








This spoiled baby doesn't like it when the house is humming with people.  Does he look a little angry?
 I'm still decorating for Christmas, but I do love the fake fire I can display on the tv.  

We've been walking at the mall again.  The decorations are incredible

 We stopped at the grocery store on our way home from Thanksgiving dinner at Jenny's and bought a new Christmas tree.  We threw the old tree out.  It was bursting out of the tattered old box and every year it seemed to be harder to unbend the branches. We both love this skinny little tree.  
 While we were walking at the mall I got a much needed haircut.  
 Here is the local lap napper.  

Kim of My Field of Dreams and I decided to blog every day in December.  Her daughter Kessie is going to do it, too (I'll put her blog on my blog roll).  Would you like to?  
We want it to be part of our Advent ponderings.
Let me know if you'd like to join us.
I like this last week in November for resting a bit before we begin our full on holiday activities.  That's a bit of an exaggeration because our December won't be that crazy.
It's almost time to light the first candle.
Thank you for checking in (HUG!)

15 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi PomPom! Blogging everty day? I can try!

Granny Marigold said...

Your hair looks very lovely. So does your little furry friend, and the grands too.
I can try to blog every day in December. I'm certainly not that busy but will I find things to say every day?

Elizabethd said...

Pretty tree, but even prettier haircut. I'd like your hairdresser to cut mine please!

Jeanie said...

Those cookies are too cute for words and so is the knitted bird. Your holiday looks lovely -- I finally posted mine, too. Good luck with December blogging! I know I won't make it!

Between Me and You said...

How lovely to 'see' you and be cheered up (some lurgy or other has decided to come-a-callin' on me this week and I'm laid up on the sofa watching dreadful daytime tv!)by your happy post. I had to cancel my hairdo on Tuesday because I wasn't feeling too great so my next one isn't until 28th December by which time I'll slightly resemble Wurzel Gummidge. I love your new 'do' and your new glasses too. I get my new ones on Monday, which is very naughty of me to shower myself with gifts right before the Festive Season but I just thought 'what the Huckleberry, I like them and I'm having them'!

Julia said...

I love your new haircut and great photos of your world.
Wow, you and Kim will have a great project for December. I'm having a hard time blogging a single post lately. I posted a very short post a few days ago and out of 48 views, only 2 followers commented.
I don't get emails on comments anymore either and I can't see why Blogger removed them. Since they removed the email notification when we received comments, I noticed a big decline in traffic on my stats.

Wishing you and Kim good luck with blogging every day.
HUgs, Julia

elizabeth said...

I don't know if I will be able to blog every day but am glad to try and also to read your blog, I do love it too! lovely things here! and whipped cream is lovely!

Farm Girl said...

Well, I am ready to start. It will be nice to think about Christmas things. I love your haircut. Your pictures are always so nice. What a neat idea for a calendar. I wish they would do that for rug hooking.
Have a delightful day.

Kit said...

Hello! I love seeing all those smiling faces. What a great family you have. Enjoy the coming season. It is the best! Hugs, Kit

GretchenJoanna said...

So many things:

1) I really look forward to reading daily blogs from both you and Kim.

2) That sweater is so cute on Sam! Your design came to a wonderful fruition.

3) I love trifle but haven't made or eaten one of the English type for decades! I have eaten many of the unusual Irish trifles made with layers of jello and ladyfingers and canned fruit, chocolate and custard -- and whipped cream! Odd but nice.

4) Yes, the whipped cream!

5) Your hair is so beautiful.

6) You must be the coziest grandma ever. What lucky kids!

happyone said...

I like the turkey cookies. : )
The birds should be fun to knit.
My real short haircut has been growing in for quite a while now and is just a bit longer than yours is. I'd like to have my hair your length. It looks so pretty.
I blog most days anyway so blogging every day in Dec will be about normal for me. : )

Henny Penny said...

You have pretty hair and I love that cut! That Timothy reminds me so much of our Dumperoo. Dumper doesn't like company either and he likes to sleep on my legs, just like Timothy is doing there. Tabbies are sweet kitty cats, aren't they. You have the cutest grandchildren!!

Julie said...

Lovely post dear Pom Pom. I love your new haircut. Also love the new tree! I have been decorating my tree today ... with a little help from the furry friends. I laughed at Timothy's face .. my two don't like it when the house is buzzing with people either.

M.K. said...

I would like to TRY to blog every day in December. I've also been lagging behind in my blogging, sorry to say. Your tree is pretty. I visited a friend today who also graduated to a skinny tree, and it looks lovely and fits into her dining room! Good idea, I think. Well, tomorrow is December, so I'd better think of something to post while I'm sleeping :) Thanks, Pom.

Sheila said...

I'm just learning about this and would really like something to help me get back into writing more, so may I join in starting with the 2nd Sunday of Advent?

And I'm so glad to have discovered your blog, via a friend. Such a happy place! And I love that knitted bird. I hope you will do that!

Followers