Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Late Summer Doings

 Hello visitor (HUG!) and thank you for stopping in!  I'm back from my visit to Washington.  Before I left I made a little envelope to keep some of my bigger Bible verse cards. I'm happy that I can figure out how to make such an easy thing! I add it to my other collections of cards - so many! 

 My sister and I took a few walks around our childhood neighborhood and saw beautiful late summer plants. 

 The whale watching was WONDERFUL.  I love being out on the water and the guide pointed out all the individual islands.

 We didn't get real close but here are the orca fins!
 And the fat old sea lions.  Don't they look like grizzly bears?
 We dined at my brother and sister in law's lovely home.  


 Here's my peppy mama.  She's 88 and so glowing and bright.  I love her dearly. 
 Purple glads on sale at the grocery!  Three bunches for $10. 
 The garden grew while I was away.  Isn't it funny that in the bag of zinnia seeds, the yellow blooms are together?
The sunflowers are SO tall!  Gorgeous!


I saw some YouTube videos about a planner named The Happy Planner and I became intrigued.  They sell them at all the big craft stores and there are many accessories.  I use my phone calendar, but I'm going to add everything to this paper planner so I can jazz up the pages and play with stickers.  Sound fun?  It is! (I was doing a little backward planning!  Ha!)
 It's apple time.  Crab apples are hanging off the neighborhood trees.  Bigger apples are falling off the branches, too.  

I'm taking a wee knitting break because I have soreness from overuse of my knitting muscles. LOL.  
I am happy to be home sweet home because I love having all my "stuff" around me (not junk, I'm trying to clear all that away).
I have work to do in the flower beds and one day when I feel like getting dirty, I'll get to work out there.  Today I am going floating with the girls.  I could float around in a pool all day.  Could you?
God be with you, kind reader. 
Soon September!


20 comments:

ellen b. said...

Happy to see you had a good time with family in Washington. Your momma is a fabulous 88! Wow. Hope your hand repairs itself while you stay away from knitting for a while. September will be an exciting month for us with settling into our new home with lots of help from God and our family and friends! Enjoy your float and your garden work, too!

Elizabethd said...

What a bright array of colour you still have in the garden. My neighbour gave me a big bag of crabapples this week so I'm busy making jelly.

magsmcc said...

I'm afraid it's only indoor swimming pools from here on in for us! I love the Bible cards idea. Are those your favourite verses? I spied an outdoor rocking chair in that garden. Nice. I can't wait for it to be September x

happyone said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time on when you were away. Sounds lovely.
Hope you enjoyed your floating around in the pool but no, I can't see myself floating around in a pool all day. : )

Kim said...

Isn't seeing those beautiful whales in the ocean fabulous. Looks like had a wonderful holiday. Your little card fabric envelope is sweet, love the button. Summer gardens.....I can but dream.

Granny Marigold said...

How lovely that your sweet Mom is still going strong at 88. I look for women who are still active and full of life in spite of age. I need role models.

I looked at The Happy Planner' on Amazon and they look interesting and cute too.

Your Zinnias give me Zinnia envy. Mine did not do well. Actually, only 2 came up and those 2 did very well but 2 Zinnias do not make much of a splash.

Kit said...

Ahhh floating sounds like fun! Such pretty flowers. Glad your trip went well and whales are always a good time. :) Kit

Susie said...

Thank you for showing all the great things you saw on vacation. I loved all the flowers at your house and away. You are so blessed to still have your mom and in good health. I loved seeing the plums, I honestly have not seen plum trees since I was 22 years old..we had some in our back yard then. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Debbie Harris said...

A joyous posting!
Look at all those beautiful flowers, sigh...

I love your card holder, great idea!

Could I float all day, you better believe it. :}

Bless you ~

Jill said...

How neat to be able to watch the whales! The home and garden are truly lovely! Thank you for sharing it all with us :-) Enjoy the rest of your week!

Blessings,
Jill

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Your late August looks lovely! I like your planner -- I have seen those at Michael's but I had already bought one. However, when I have to replace it I might give those a go. I have tried using the calendar on the phone and I just don't like it as much. I am sort of ready for summer to wind down now but, unfortunately, with fall comes allergies and they are already hitting me. It is a shame that my favorite season is fraught with allergies. Blah.

Debi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. It's always good to be home. The apples are red on the trees here too!

Gumbo Lily said...

What a great trip you had, seeing all your loved ones and the whales and flowers and everything. Your momma looks like someone I'd love to sit and visit with. What a pretty woman. So glad you're back home and making everything just right. I'm trying to remove the "junk" and leave just the good stuff around me. It's a bit of a job, isn't it? Happy floating!

Beca said...

That was a cool trip you went on. I think I would have enjoyed whale watching too. I've always wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska. Maybe one day in the near future. It's wonderful you were able to spend time with your family. Time well spent. It's always good to be home though isn't it?
xx Beca

Farm Girl said...

So glad you are back and you had such a nice time. Your flowers are just lovely this year.
I love your planner. I will need to get something like that. I love planners.
I hope you have a lovely day.
Welcome home.

Jeanie said...

Lovely photos! All those glorious flowers. It sounds like a wonderful trip and good to spend time with mom. Welcome back!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Lovely pic of your dear mum, she looks like a wise owl. Glad you are back as i look forward to your posts x

Between Me and You said...

My Mum's 87. My eldest thinks his Nana is immmortal (kind of makes me sad when they enjoy her company so much that she's not). I'm taking a little break from lifting heavy stuff. My legs and knees hurt really bad today. I'm laughing at your reluctance to get yourself messed up whilst gardening. That's the best part! Good weekend to you and yours, pal. xxx

M.K. said...

Do take care of your knitting muscles, Pom. It's easy to over-extend. I never have been able to crochet again (except the odd few rows of edging if necessary). You have inspired me to take up more knitting, and I'm thankful.

Your family's pretty yellow home in Washington looks like a perfect B&B or relaxing restaurant. How lovely! So glad you had a nice trip. I know Timmy is glad you're home.

I'm so happy with my few zinnias this summer than next year I'm planting piles of them. They keep giving and giving! You're are so happy. I love the variety of color and size.

Lisa Richards said...

I'm glad you had such a great time in Washington with your sweet mom!
I love looking at all of your paper projects. That planner looks like lots of stickery fun, and you inspire me to make some nicer cards for my scripture memorization! (And something to hold them!)
I find I'm getting quite good at floating, though it's been a long time since I've done it. The closest pool is 12 miles away. Sure, the lake is right down the road, but that's kind of...public. Ha ha!

Followers