Thursday, March 29, 2018

An Artist, Some Sewing, and Easter Anticipation

(a Google image/or Pinterest)
 Do you love Andrew Wyeth's work?  I read A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline and now I love his paintings.  I watched an interview on youtube where he was talking about painting and it really resonated with me.  It reminded me that artists really know how to see things.  Something to think about, right?

The spring snows are upon us.  The white stuff doesn't last long, so I'm cheered that the moisture is soaking the soon-to-be planted flowerbeds.  

 I've been sewing.  I made some white ruffle-bottomed pants out of the dress I wore to our wedding rehearsal.  They are kind of long so I might wear them as jammies.  Sewing trials. 


 I made a jumper/dress out of a favorite tablecloth.  I like it and I'll wear it Sunday and have Bill take a photo.  I noticed when I was sewing and pressing that it has some battle scars (wine, hot chocolate, ect.) I think my Granny embroidered the pocket (old dresser scarf). 
 My friend Heather at Blackberry Rambles made this for her nature journal students.  Isn't it lovely?  I wrote a psalm on the back (we wrote our own psalms for prayer group).
 Here is our baby.  He is a lap catcher, that one.  Every time I sit down he appears.  
 I must travel to the grocery store and buy more candy to put in the eggs.
 Our neighbor has a new granddog.  Kelli loves golden retrievers so much, she just had to ring the doorbell for puppy hugs. 


 I love my new knitting friend, Leslie.  I get so excited talking about knitting with her.  Isn't this a lovely mitt?  She's good! 
 Jenny and Scott have been camping with their new trailer.  The girls like being outdoors during the day and in their fancy bunks at night.  Kelli and Bryan bought one, too.  They are going to hit the hills soon.  Did I tell you that Granny and Grampy are NOT campers?  We don't know the first thing about camping.  I don't even know how to be a camping guest.  I wouldn't know what needs to be done.  Really, I'm an outdoor rookie and definitely an indoor lady. 
 Tim is our indoor mascot. 

 Jenny said, "And Granny is wearing a bunch of different shades of yellow."  Adult children.  They point out such things.  😂😂
 Sam is on spring break but is taking an afternoon art class, so we met for a quick lunch topped off with donuts.  
 Really, this time of the year is gorgeous.  Knowing that snow will be a thing of the past very soon helps.  Bill has been filling the flowerbeds with top soil.  Soon, we'll start our flower fest. 

I bought some yellow pansies for the Easter table.  I hope your Easter celebration is full of BIG JOY.
We had three lovely granddaughters spend the night last night.  We stayed up way too late watching Swan Princess movies and I am in great need of a nap.
God be with you, good friends.  

27 comments:

elizabeth said...

May God also be with you! Blessed Easter to you! Christ is Risen!

Jennifer Hays said...

It's so nice to catch up with you, Karen. I hope you and your family have a lovely Easter!

Gumbo Lily said...

The A. Wyeth art is awesome. I just love it. Artists do see differently, but I think we all see things differently and have that "artist's eye" because we were created by The Best Artist.

Love that knit mitt.

Happy Easter to you, dear friend.

Kim said...

So much joy in this post, dear Pom Pom. LOVE your beautiful 'new' dress. May you have a joyful and blessed Easter, dear lady.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Yellow seems to be the colour right now! I filled a tub with blue and yellow pansies and violas, so smiley and cheering. Your family are lovely, they all gravitate to your house because you are solid and have everything that says 'home'. We have snow on the way (again) and signs of Spring clashing with each other - I am out in search of Spring lambs over the weekend. Blessings to you for Easter. Betty

Julie said...

Hello to you & Timothy dear Pom Pom. Miss Pippi is a lap cat too. I love your new dress & look forward to Bills photo of you wearing it. Hope you have a happy & blessed Easter too my friend Xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh what a lovely post.
Lovely to see all of your photographs.

May you have a wonderful Easter.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

A nice newsy post. I love golden retrievers. Such happy dogs, like labs.
I think carrying around a camera taking pictures helps to see the world differently too. Makes you take time to really look at things.
I DO like Andrew Wyeth's work.
Happy Easter to you and your family. We serve a risen Savior.

Granny Marigold said...

That's some big "puppy" Kelli is hugging. It is adorable . So is your cheery yellow outfit. And yellow Pansies, aren't they lovely? I bought Daffodils today so the table will be cheery for Easter. Have a blessed Easter!

Julia said...

Dear Pompom, there is always so much going on in your post but one thing never changes, Timothy the lap cat sleeping on your laps, lol. Oh, that Golden Retriever is adorable. No wonder your neighbor wants to show him off. I love them too.

It's been a lovely spring day here too but I'm sure we'll get more snow. You are quite handy at sewing some new garments. I'm looking forward to seeing you wearing your new dress.

Happy Easter, Hugs, Julia

NanaDiana said...

What a good post, Karen-full of news and sweet pictures. I love the dress you made and hope you do show pictures of it. It is lovely.

I hope you have a blessed, beautiful Easter! xo Diana

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Love this post - feel like I've had a little mini-vacay! I'm an indoor lady, too! Nothing like a cozy spot with a lap cat, cup of tea and a good book.

Farm Girl said...

I think you would learn to be a camper very fast. I would love to have a trailer again. I think you would be a wonderful camping granny.
I love all of your positive thoughts on all of that snow.
I love your colors and all of your plans. Have a wonderful Easter. Ben and Megan are here now so we will have a wonderful Easter.

Jeanie said...

There is so much to love here. Wyeth and Tim and your beautiful sewing and chocolate eggs and so very much more! I send you wonderful wishes for EAster.

Kit said...

You have a great attitude about the snow. So many folks whine and cry and I have to admit it gets tiresome. Mother Nature will do what she wants. Period. ☺ Still cold and cloudy, but I'm all cozy and enjoying the fire. Happy Easter! Kit

Kezzie said...

Oh Tim sounds my ideal cat! I would love to have him on my lap! Your pretty flower brooch looks nice. I like the jumper and pants you have made (define what 'jumper' is in Non-American English please!?)
The camper vans sound nice. I am not fond of camping and yet I do it every year. I am going in 4 weeks for a music camp weekend without CBC and I am dreading it - it will be sooooooooooooooo cold and I am going on the train so cannot ram the car full of warm items!- God help me!!

ellen b. said...

I'm not big on camping. I think I might take the fun out of it with over planning. LOL. If I haven't said it before I'll say it now, I think it would be lovely to be your grandchild. Happy Easter weekend to you!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Great post. Your always so busy. Cute lab, I bet Timmy doesn't like him.

Don't faint, but I did a post..... yes.

Have a very blessed Easter.Mary

My Creative Life said...

A lovely post with Tim and puppy popping in to say hi. Have a lovely Easter, Cathy x

Henny Penny said...

Oh Pom Pom, I love the jumper dress you made and that pocket makes it even more beautiful. Those pants you made look like pretty pantaloons. I love them too! That Tim is so cuddly and adorable! Happy Easter to you and all your beautiful family!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Beautiful blog today. Happiness radiating! Love the Golden Retriever and the tiger colored cat. How creative you have been with your sewing! Soon the weather will turn nicer. Happy Easter! So thankful for what Jesus did for us! Nancy

GretchenJoanna said...

Really, your sewing does encourage me to make some pretty and fun things! Last week I actually reduced my *mending* pile by several items, something I hadn't accomplished in a year or two. So there is hope of making space around the sewing machine for sewing something new. It's been at least a decade since I've done that.

I especially love the ruffled pants, and the tablecloth with the pocket.

HAPPY EASTER! XO

M.K. said...

Hi, Pom. Looks like your life is filled with beauty -- those photos of the sweet, soft puppy, and of Timmy's adorable little paws -- ah! Just want to kiss them :) Then I would be allergic, haha. Your sewing is inspired. You have such FUN ideas for clothing! I think you could sit down and brainstorm for a line of clothing with your name. "Pom Pom's Pantry" or something. The little white dress is so sweet. I love the tablecloth with the little hankie on it. You are nourishing those creative gifts and sharing them with your world. BTW - I am not a camper either, never have been. I don't sleep well in perfect circumstances, so would not sleep at ALL in a camper, I'm sure :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I am howling with laughter at myself...when I started scrolling down, as your blog came up, the first image hit me and I thought, "WOW! So like Wyeth, so beautiful...wonder where that is?" then I began reading...yes, I do love him and have one of his lithographs, The Cooling Shed, over my sofa. Nice sewing. Blessed Resurrection Karen; Happy Easter.

Lisa Richards said...

I DO love the Andrew Wyeth painting! I got a sheet of stamps commemorating his art a while back. They had a picture of the artist on there and he looked like he was 12 years old. I think he's a genius.
Good to see all of your creative projects. And thanks for validating all of the indoor ladies in the world! (I spend a lot of time feeling guilty about being one!)
Thanks for the blast of yellow! I needed that! :D
Glad you have a knitting friend nearby. Artistic friends are hard to come by!
Hugs to all!

Annesphamily said...

I sure love knowing you here! Love all the photos and Andrew Wyeth really knew how to paint realism. Hope your day is beautiful and enjoy your week. IT is moving along quickly. HUGS

Connie said...

I love the breeze coming through the windows in that top picture . . . very soon now that will be a daily thing. I'm sure that our days of snow are over, but you can never tell what the weather can bring this time of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing your new dress. The photo with a little tease got me excited to see the finished dress.
Have a lovely week . . .Spring is coming :)

God bless you,
Connie :)

Followers