Friday, March 14, 2014

If I Were in London

 Well, IF I had been able to go to London with Bill, I would have seen these things with my own eyes.  He's been sending me photos.  Good boy.  The house he is staying in was the home of a famous musician, but now is the home of relatives of the friend pictured below.

 I think it is very sweet of Bill to try to find what I'd like to look at.  He did!



 I thought he should go to a Cath Kidston store and buy me a little goodie, but I didn't ask because we travel very light and there is no room in the backpack for the teapot below.  Really, I do not need one more teapot.  Really.
At school, this is our last day of testing.  Whew!  The kids have worked hard and we've been trying to have a little fun, too.  When we are finished with the testing, we try to fit in games and diversions.  For the last few days, we've had a pet show.  They talk about their pet, show a picture, or draw their pet and then we vote on a winner.  The first day, Corn-uni won.  Yes, one boy who does not have a pet, drew a picture of a unicorn name Corn-uni and this imaginary pet won the vote!  Silly.  
We have a busy weekend ahead and it's still two more weeks before spring break.  
I'll be back Sunday for the second Pause in Lent.  Thank you for popping by!

16 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

Well if you had come to London you would have had a day out with me, I'm sure! I chuckled when I saw the phone box, we take so much for granted here because we see it all the time, it would be a good exercise to go to London and see everything with new eyes, pretend I hadn't been there before. I hope Bill's house was cosy with fireplaces and a warm duvet, the pictures are very pretty - is it Surrey? I will take more notice of the houses around me on my travels and take some pictures for you. Betty x

ann said...

Oh to. E in England where it is spring. I might have played hooky. The one house resembles Jane Austin's house in Chawton. Lucky husband and sweet man for sending you pictures.

Angela said...

I am going to London on Monday - if you had been with Bill we could have met up and had a REAL cup of tea together and exchanged REAL hugs!!

Maybe one day...

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful views of quaint homes. love the red phone booth!

Kezzie said...

Where is that??? Surely not London??? I'm guessing it's either Blackheath, Hampstead, finchley, Muswell Hill but really not sure!!! Wishing you had come!!! I'd love to meet you!! X

Lisa Richards said...

Your Bill is a treasure! Do you think he will read your blog and get the teapot hint? ;)
You have some wonderful students! It's not too long until spring break! Woo hoo!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

What a gorgeous kitchen! Someone there is very neat and tidy with the shelves and I love that. Safe travels to Bill; may he return with a surprise just for you. I think that teapot would be the perfect addition to your collection, don't you?

Happy school days too, as you look forward to Spring Break.

Farm Girl said...

How nice that Bill is taking pictures that he would know you would like. That is so sweet.
It looks so pretty there. I bet you will be glad when he gets home. I am so glad you have done fun things in spite of testing. I love that the boy with the unicorn won that is so sweet.
Have a lovely evening.

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely houses, and what an amazing kitchen...love it! It was very sweet of your Bill to be so thoughtful!

Have a grace filled & restful weekend!
Sharon







Barbara said...

Love the tea pot. Probably not a good idea to fly one home in case it broke. Lots of easy travel things at Cath Kidston shop though like a nice pinafore.

Gumbo Lily said...

That nice Bill! What a good guy to be sending you those beautiful pictures. It's almost like being there! Fun.

I'm glad you're at the end of the testing. Whew.

Catherine said...

Hello dear Pom, what a darling he is..it's quite hard to squeeze in a tea pot to a back pack really, but have you seen the dear little pincushions & needle holders that are available just now? They are so cute & very skinny!! And very forgiving of squeezing! I loved seeing all your family at home together like that. Ooh I would be very glad all the testing was over, I'm sure. Much love for a good blue sky week, Catherine (I'm working on my paragraphs ; ) x0x0x0x

magsmcc said...

Always room for another teapot. Unless you're packing up house! You'll get to London!

Leslie said...

Oh...I absolutely love that table. And a bookshelf in the kitchen is pretty wonderful. Sweet husband you have!

Heather L. said...

I do love that kitchen! And something from Cath Kidston would have been nice, I agree, but also agree about how hard it would be to get it home traveling light. :)

Heather L. said...

I do love that kitchen! And something from Cath Kidston would have been nice, I agree, but also agree about how hard it would be to get it home traveling light. :)

Followers