Saturday, April 20, 2013

Electric Friends

 Helpful friends on this joyful Saturday morning are my 35 year old crock pot (her name is Poke Along) and the bread maker I got for Christmas.  Clam chowder is chugging along in Poke Along and cinnamon bread is rising in Shirley (remember?  I named her Shirley-Girl).

 As I was digging in a junk drawer, I found my tea ball!  Brad and April gave me this Earl Grey Supreme and I had not tried it.  Brown Betty said, "Come on, Pom Pom!  Let's brew up some Earl Grey!"  She refused to take her cozy dress off (it's cold) even while we brewed.  




 Here is your cup of tea!  Oh!  Let me put some cream and sugar in it.
 I think I went a bit overboard on the cream. Sorry to treat you like a child and cream up your tea so much.  It was growing cold, so I drank it.  It was scrumptious.
 We're just starting the pink-sky mornings here in Colorado!  I feel sure the buds are forming on the maples.  

 Iris are popping up in the front garden, too!
 Look at the peony promises!
I'm enchanted by the rosy glow of this pretty tree.  I think she's almost ready to deck herself out in leaves!
Thank you for your prayers for my dad.  He's healing up in the therapy facility.  My sweet sister is there providing her special brand of support.  My mother is so strong and cheerful. I do love cheerful people.  I think cheerful people are the smartest ones.
We're going to Birdie's play today!  Yay!  On Monday we are going to the Grandparent Tea at Miss Bug's school.  Tonight Samantha and Lizzy are coming over.  I'll get to hold Lizzy and let me tell you, she smells SO good. At the end of May, we get all four of our Ft. Collins Grands for the whole weekend.  YAY!
I wish you could join us for clam chowder and cinnamon bread.  
Can you tell me about YOUR electric friends?

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

poke along... so cute!!! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

Well...Dear PomPom, I am supremely blessed to have a cup of tea with you already this morning, before I have got around to brewing some in my kitchen. I like Earl Grey very much, and I don't think you could put enough cream in to spoil it!

I have named houses and cars, but hadn't thought of naming my electric or other suchlike homey friends. I didn't remember your Poke Along et al so I'm glad you reintroduced us. I will have to think of a name for her now, but my electric kettle is the one constant companion and helper that comes to mind.

I can tell your weekend is getting off to a grand start!

M.K. said...

I like that cup of tea -- wish I could really be there to share it with you! Hmm. Well, last night I made waffles for supper in my waffle maker. I do love a good waffle. Right now, I don't even have a tea kettle!! Mine died (so sad. I loved her. Got her at a thrift store, and she had a good strong whistle. She sprang a leak on the bottom.) We're boiling tea/coffee water in a saucepan :( I love my Kitchenaid mixer. My crockpot had a broken handle, but a friend fixed it for me. Very dear. My food processor was a wedding gift, almost 24 years ago. We don't use it too often. But my little Cuisinart chopper/grinder? Also a wedding gift. 24 years old, and still running great!

Nancy McCarroll said...

Would love to join in the winter feast. The tea makes me want to drink some right now. Which I shall.

Cheerful thoughts going your way and for your dad, also.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Your dinner looks delicious and wish I were there.

Cheerful thoughts going your way and for your dad,also.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Just catching up on your posts - sorry about your dad being ill, trust everything will be good soon. Your post made me feel like getting my bread machine out! I don't have any names for things though! My favourite thing in the kitchen is my microwave - how would we get on without it? the boys heat ready meals when they come home and are hungry between meals, it warms milk at bedtime (for me!) apart from all the cooking things it does of course. Betty

Farm Girl said...

So cute you name yours. I just think of them as my lifesavers.
I don't know what I would do without them. I love that you make your tea in a brown Betty. Have I told you that before.
I have a secret, Shh, I am going to be a grandma again, number 8. :) My oldest daughter who just moved away. She has no idea how it happened. I think of course, it is just God giving her a special gift to help her heart.
Yes, I think babies are the best. I get to hold mine today at Em's shower. I love holding my grand babies. They always help me to be calm.
Well, I need to go get prettied up. I even bought new red nail polish to wear. Not that it will help as my hands are such a mess. I think of Scarlet. I do hope Rhett doesn't show up. :)
Have a lovely day,

Jeannette said...

Ha Ha! You have another electric friend...plugged in imagination!
Such pretty pictures of your morning and cooking.

Lisa Richards said...

I love my crockpot! To put a roast in it in the morning and have a fragrant supper waiting in the evening is so magical!
I would have to say we couldn't do without the microwave. Mine is an oldie but a goody. Still working and heating our tea water one cup at a time. (I have a brown Betty, but it only holds a cup or two.)

I love your teacup and saucer. The cup is such a unique shape! I may just have to draw and paint it!

Enjoy your grands! They grow like weeds, don't they?

Blessings!

Gumbo Lily said...

I have many kitchen servants and my favorite of all is my electric kettle. I use it every single day. I grind coffee in my broken-but-taped-up coffee grinder almost every day too. I have a Bosch mixer that I adore, and I have two crock pots that slave away in my kitchen. I like the looks of your chowder, and you know I like me some cinnamon bread! YUM!

Attic Clutter said...

oh love choder
and the tea cozyis lovely Pom(:)

Attic Clutter said...

oops chowder(:)

Kit said...

Ooooo, the tea looked so good! Love your scenes of Spring! Kit

Marcie said...

I do not take cream and sugar in my tea these days, but your milky white brew reminded me of the "cambric" tea my mom used to make me when I was a girl. Feeling a little under the weather, dear? Here's a cup of cambric tea to perk you up. It ALWAYS worked. Thanks for sharing; you stirred up a good memory. ;)

Leslie said...

Yummy! Your chowder looks delish and just the thing for the cold front we are expecting tomorrow. Spring keeps teasing us.

I'm impressed by the life of your crockpot. I have three and I use all of them.

Gabli said...

I always leave with a smile when I stop by here.I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who names things. My favorite pan is known as red and my big breakfast plate is known as happy.As far as electronics go, only the giant stand mixer has a name, Blue ox. its ginormous and reminds me of Paul Bunyans ox. Have a wonderful day.

Bradley W. Maston said...

SO wonderful! Hopefully only one more cold spell before the warmer weather settles in for good! I love you mama!

libbyquilter said...

i like my tea with lots of milk. yummy~!

does it count if i'm considering getting a juicer?
hhmmm . . . what's a good name for a juicer?

:-)
libbyQ

Followers