Monday, August 10, 2026

All the Happy Things to Do

Hello blog reading friends!  I can't believe that I haven't posted since March!  I hope you are all well!  
Plum Cake is now a toe shoe ballerina and she is the one with the vibrant red hair.  It's so fun to watch her dance!  
Kelli, Clara, Millie and I went up to see my mom in Washington. Millie braided my hair.  I wish I could do it myself, but having braiding granddaughters is so nice! 
I'm making socks for our anticipated great grandson due in early October!  It's a boy!  I feel so rich to have two great grandsons! 
Guess who is ten years old?  Isn't he handsome?




I ordered this little book shelf and it's already full of books.  This was the first day just after our grandson-in-law assembled it and now it's overflowing.  How does that happen?

It's so hot here that being outdoors isn't fun.  Boo!  I'm hoping the weather predictors are right and that we receive some rain very soon.  I have few flowers and our lawn is very brown. It really is a drought.  Sad.
School starts soon!  I am teaching writing and literature to a group of home schooled teenagers with four of the granddaughters in the group.  I'm excited about it. It will just be once a week so that seems like just enough.
What are you up to?  I've been reading and writing, knitting and drawing, cleaning and cooking - all that bouncy stuff!
Thank you for popping by! 

 

13 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Pom! Nice post! I love the way your granddaughters did your hair. And I love your new bookshelf. So cute! Your yarn is lovely.

So many places are in an extreme drought. Thankful that we get some rain here and there. Take care!❤️

Angela said...

So lovely to o catch up with all your news. Envious of your braided hair. My granddaughter who is 5 just varnished my toenails!! Love and blessings ❤️

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see this post from you.
The weeks and months pass by so quickly and it will soon be early October and you will be saying hello to your anticipated great grandson. I like the socks you are making.

Here in the UK many areas are in drought condition, it has been such a dry, hot summer ... roll-on cooler Autumn days.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I love your beautiful braided hair. Granddaughters that can do our hair in ways we cannot are wonderful. Our Kate cuts everyone in the family's hair and if there's time she uses her straightener on mine. I like the effect and it lasts a couple of days.
Happy 10th birthday to Tim. He's as handsome as ever.

Julie said...

A lovely post dear Pom Pom. Your yarn in your first photo looks so delicious!!! Such pretty colours. I love your hair braided. Your granddaughter looks wonderful in her ballet recital. Lovely to see you pop up on my reading list Pom Pom. xx

Gretchen Joanna said...

Those children will be so lucky to have you teaching them! Your hair is beautiful! I just got my hair cut so it's not long enough to braid at present. My new housemate French braids her own hair into two beautiful ropes <3

ellen b. said...

Well hello there! A nice catch-up. That will be a nice weekly experience with the homeschoolers. Good for you for pitching in. Hope you and we get that rain!!

HappyK said...

So nice to see a post from you. Love the yarn, such pretty colors.
Timothy? is handsome fellow. Wow 10 already. Congratulations on the new great grandbaby arriving soon. :) Our summers aren't. nearly as hot as they seem to be every place else.

Elizabethd said...

Good to see you here today, the time does go by so quickly! Your grandaughter makes a very pretty ballerina.

M.K. said...

Pom Pom, it's so hot here too. I think it's hot everywhere except near the poles! What a blistering summer it's been. I've been doing some crafting work, some traveling and visiting with family. Lots of staying home in the AC. A bit of writing. I saw that you'd posted ... so I went over and wrote a new post too, haha! You're a good influence. And your braided hair is so pretty!

Elderberry-Rob said...

How lovely to see a post from you! you are such a good blogger as you invite your readers to comment and engage! I have an allotment (piece of council land you rent and plant flowers and veg on) and this year, despite the challenge of 5 consecutive heatwaves, it's been lush and full of colour. We travelled a lot for holidays and have more to come. Tonight we are going to a 'cruise' where lots of American cars will drive through our town - the last time I saw one was in Florida! excited. I think teaching once a week will be wonderful for you, those kids are lucky, they will feel motivated and inspired, I am sure. I like your braid, I would love to have one but, like you, I can't do it! Blog more, please Pompom! Betty (wood fairy)

Barwitzki said...

A wonderful post... Thank you!
The beautifully dyed, soft yarn is lovely, and so are the sweet little socks you knitted.
I used to braid my daughter's hair exactly like that when she was a child... she loved it, and so did I.
I really like the mug with the flowers and the two birds :-))
I hope you enjoy teaching; school starts up again here tomorrow, Monday, too... the end of the summer holidays... my daughter is a French and art teacher :-))) and my grandchildren are in school or university... I am a happy retiree... and so I continue to enjoy the summer, which is so glorious this year.
All the best, Viola

Robin said...

Hi Pom Pom, glad to see your post. Your granddaughter is a lovely ballerina! Tim is 10?!?! I remember when you adopted him. Your hair looks gorgeous in the braid. Growing up my older sister always braided my hair. Congratulations on your upcoming great grandson!❤️

Followers