Thursday, September 26, 2024

Fall is Lovely



Hello friends!  Happy fall or spring (for my friends in the southern hemisphere).  I wanted to show you my pumpkins because I think they are so beautiful.  I can't believe one older envelope of seeds and a small space yielded such a lovely bunch of pumpkins!  
We celebrated my birthday yesterday.  I had quite a bit of cake! One of my sweet friends gave me a fleet of Squishmallows!  I love them! Do you?
Another friend took me to breakfast and the waitress gave us an extra birthday pancake.  Yum! My sister gave me a big gift card so I ordered a soup maker.  Have you heard of a soup maker?  It makes quick smooth or chunky soup.  I saw it on the Stitched by Mrs. D vlog.  She made it look like such an efficient way to make smaller batches of soup.  I'll let you know how it works when it comes.
I went to Bill's yearly conference up in the mountains and it was so beautiful up there and the friends there are so inspiring and so loving.  Pure joy!
We've had three lovely granddaughters staying here while their parents are in Europe.  It's been so much fun.  Bill and I both love every encounter we have with our kids and grands.  Brad and April came down here for a birthday dinner early in the week and we enjoyed their family's company very much. I go to Jeff and Christie's next week to stay with the boys while they go away for their anniversary.  I will love spending time there!
We are savoring our grandchildren as they grow up.  Sam and Liz go to homeschool/art school nearby and it's a huge blessing.  
Millie helped me move all my art stuff BACK upstairs and I would like to sort out my sewing and my ironing.  I have quite a few fun domestic tasks to do.  I'm grateful.
I have more birthday celebrating ahead of me (I love it when birthdays last a long time!)
I hope you are well and feeling encouraged about your daily doings.  Is there any specific project you are going to partake of this year?  Are you cooking or baking anything exciting?
We (the girls and I) are going to watch The British Baking Show on Netflix tomorrow night!  It's the first one of the season!  Yay!
God be with you, sweet visitors.  Thank you for stopping by! xoxoxo

 

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Happy Birthday Pom Pom, however long it lasts! Have fun!

Come Away With Me said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you are having some extended celebrations; that's lovely. So are your pumpkins. Enjoy your grands and watching the British Baking Show. I am still here though I don't post blogs anymore, just keeping my reading list updated. Love to you and yours! Your life seems very blessed and happy. God is good.

Followers