Friday, May 31, 2019

Posies

 The problem with waiting too long to post is it becomes impossible to put all the photos on the page.  Oh well, at least these glorious columbines (Colorado's state flower) are post worthy!
 Sometimes I walk on what I call "the ridge" which is actually just an open space with a high walking path.  I found these lilacs lolly gagging over a fence.
 Noah likes to play with all the old toys in the scruffy basement.  He has a good imagination!
 James wanted to try on my glasses.  Adorable.
 Birdie, Miss Bug, and Millie gave us a piano recital. 
 Sam and Lizzy agreed to go to the garden center with me.


 We watched Pooh  movies and Plum wanted to crochet.  She concluded: It's hard. 
 I made new garden flags.  I wish my seeds would grow faster. 
 I wasn't sure what this flower was.  I planted a bunch of wildflowers last year and when this came up, I couldn't identify it.  Kim from My Field of Dreams could!  It's Sweet William! 
 More pink knitting!
 A cup of peach tea and Swedish ginger  cookies before bed.  I took a nap today and it was a doozy.  I had two dreams.  In one I was driving and falling asleep, so much so that I couldn't open my eyes.  In the other one I was having book club and when I went to get my book I decided to take a nap on the bed.  I think I was VERY tired, don't you?  I went to aqua exercise twice this week.  While I was there I felt like a dolphin, happy and bouncy.  Later in the afternoon, I felt like I'd run a marathon.  Hopefully, the fitness level will improve.  LOL!

It is  only June (tomorrow) but for some reason I have unrealistic expectations for the flowerbeds.  I seem to think the seedlings should be shooting up.
Maybe I'll post a little more often in June.  Flower season inspires.
Thank you for popping by!

22 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm growing Sweet Williams too this year. And Columbines, although all my Columbines have gone crazy. Years ago I bought a Nora Barlow one
( which looks decidedly different) and now the descendants of that one have crossed with my lovely big ones and the results are not very pretty. Maybe I should pull all of them out and start again.
I like your garden flags; they're so cheery.

Kim said...

It won't be too long till your pretty new flags will be waving to the pretty flowers in your garden bed. Oh how I love Granny Bonnets. =) I should think in about 4 months time these pretties too, will be swaying in the Spring air, way down here. Enjoy your June, sweet Pom Pom; may you have sweet dreams♥

Julia said...

Lots of pretty flowers in your future, I can tell. I love those Columbines, such pretty happy flowers.
The kids are blooming too. How nice the girls can entertain you with a piano duet.
I've been busy in the garden too, so much cleaning to do from the flood still.
I hope June will be a happy fun month for you.
Hugs, Julia

Debi said...

I get impatient for the flowers to bloom too. I think it's because I want to see the cheerfulness of color after the dreary winter landscape! Your Columbines are beautiful

Kim said...

Hey, Karen! Love your happy posts! I hope your seedlings come soon! Sweet grands! Happy Weekend!

Farm Girl said...

Well I think everything is just lovely. So bright and pretty. The kids are growing up so fast.
You are such a busy lady.
I hope you have a wonderful day.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post for us to read and look at.
Pleased all is well.
Your flowers look lovely and gorgeous pictures of your adorable grand-children.

Happy June Wishes.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

Lots of fun happenings around your house.
We just planted our tomato seeds today.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Aqua fit sounds fun, i enjoy the gym (weight lifting class) the more you go, the more energised you become. Sweet william is beautiful, you can buy it in bunches here at the supermsrket in summer.

ellen b. said...

My planters are honoring the state of Colorado for sure with all our Columbines. I love the name of that flower, Sweet William. Wonder the story behind that name. Happy June to you dear lady!

Julie said...

All your photos are beautiful Pom Pom & the colours of all the flowers are so gorgeous. Its winter here now & grey & colourless so I especially appreciate all your beautiful colours & flowers. I have had a wee gap in blogging & find it hard to get back in to sometimes. Happy new week to you my friend xxx

Elizabethd said...

Lovely columbines, such pretty colours.
I'm growing Sweet Williams too!

My Creative Life said...

Lots of busyness in your blog today Pom Pom, gardening, playing, knitting and teaching crochet - love it. It's good to rest if you need to. Take care, Cathy x

magsmcc said...

What is lolly gagging?! I do love your wooden cup. We have beautiful earthenware ones, but they leak with hot drinks which is just not much good. A very happy June to you all, resplendent with gorgeous blooms x

Kezzie said...

I'm also impatient! My seeds are taking FOR-EVAAAH to germinate- esp the beans to replace the ones which are so sad!
Loving all the flowers and the pic of the grands all playing the piano recital- lovely!
James looks so cute in the glasses!

Lynn said...

Happy Summer. A lovely post, as usual. x

GretchenJoanna said...

I laughed out loud at your funny dreams! I wish I could come up with stories when I'm awake that are as humorous and enlightening as my dreams often are. Good rest, Dear Pom Pom. You probably are in Dreamland as I type.

Lisa Richards said...

Kids playing the piano always inspires me...and makes me wish I had learnt. Because if "I had learnt, I would have been a great proficient!" Or whatever Lady Catherine DeBerg said in P&P, lol.
Your columbines are so different from the red ones we have growing wild here. Yes, I think your dreams definitely mean you need more naps! I've been walking a couple of miles most days. Wish I lived nearer a pool! Good to hear from you!

GretchenJoanna said...

Also, GARDEN FLAGS! They must be as good at Toad singing to his seeds to encourage them to come up :-)

Henny Penny said...

Even when I am a week late seeing your post, I am so happy not to have missed it. Your posts are so bright and cheery and always make me feel good. Your grandchildren are adorable. Columbines are pretty! I have just one that blooms, left over from years ago. I need to buy more, and dig a flower bed. Hope you will post more in June.

Kit said...

Everything looks great! I love that your grandaughter is learning to crochet. I remember making my first granny square. Have a wonderful June! Kit

M.K. said...

Hi, PomPom. I'm a light poster these days too. It's good to see your grands' smiling faces! The knitting is pretty as ever. Your nappy dreams sounds like how I feel most days -- just TIRED. I'd always like to go back to bed :) Take care!

Followers