Sunday, May 17, 2015

Greatest of Great Grans

 Please pop over to Betty's blog to see what Mr. Badger got to do!  He's at Rabbit's door!  SO cool!
Hello lovely Lily of the Valley!  Aw, my sweet garden fairy neighbor has them in her garden and she shares.  Yay!
 I'm sorry I've been gone so long.  I was busy enjoying my beautiful mother's company!  And SHE also had the opportunity to enjoy the company of 5 of her grandchildren and (brace yourself!) 14 of her great grandchildren!  Wow!
My niece lives in Boulder so we trucked up there for dinner, a humanities school fair, and a piano recital.  It was fun, fun, fun!
 She was also able to see Miss Bug's graduation from kindergarten!  Adorable!

 Aw, Millie Rose!
 Finn and James!  Good boys.
 Here's my mom and our brood of grands.  Kelli couldn't get her little namesake to let go of her, so Auntie Kelli is also in the pic!
 Garden fairy neighbor has a glorious display of alum.  
 We enjoyed lots of grand visits!  The kids were busy and happy for their great gran!

 She was Birdie's "special person" at the homeschool tea!
 James decided that GGJo is A-OKAY!
 Christie and Jeff cooked us a lovely meal of planked salmon.  Did you know that you can buy the cedar planks in the BBQ section of your grocery store?
 Christie also made my favorite mustard potatoes.  Mmmmmmm!
 James is snuggling up to GGJo again!  See?  I DID make the lilacs into canvases.  So pretty!
 It snowed heaps on Mother's Day but we still drove up to hear our Brad preach.  The heater was broken and it was FUH-REEZING in the church.  My mom LOVED hearing Brad and seeing the church (and of course the kids!)
 Our April (Brad's wife, our other sweet daughter-in-law) is the best knitter ever.  Look at this pair of socks.

 Aw, Birdie cuddling with GGJo!
 Sam plopped down by GG to eat her hamburger.
 She also helped herself to GG cuddles.
 GGJo served at the tea party!

 This is the lovely meal my niece made for us in Boulder.  Scrumptious!  I am now a fan of Trader Joe's.  WE went today. They have such good frozen dishes (veg/grain) AND fresh foods, too.
 My niece Amy's girls and GGJo, too!
 Sam has joined a soccer team!  Go, Sam, GO!
 Thank you for sharing in all of our family joy!  Here is a piece of Christie's specialty shortcake JUST for you!  
Our little James turned ONE!  We enjoyed watching him at his party.  
I pray you have a lovely week, full of gardening and sunny walks!  Oh, I MUST have Bill lift Sunshine (my yellow bicycle) off the garage ceiling hooks.  It's time.

23 comments:

Kezzie said...

Oh such a lovely set of days and how much for your mother to enjoy!!! Wow, they graduate from kindergarten? We only have university graduation here! Happy birthday to cutie James!x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this post is so full of wonderful things. How nice that your mom got in a nice visit with you and all those kids! Love the group shot. Looks like you celebrated well with lots of good food and snuggles. You are making my mouth water with all the food you showed especially since I'm on soft food diet right now because of my tooth extraction and I'm heavy into my de-fluffing regiment. I can enjoy everything with my eyes, though! You have a lovely family and your mom really looks great!

Julia said...

Such a nice visit with your pretty mom. She's a popular grandmother and the kids sure are taking their turn to be with her.

Happy birthday to the little one.
Hugs,
JB

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Grandmother certainly had a lovely time!!!!!!!!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, your mom is just a warm soul and a true beauty! i LOVE her hair! LOVE! :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Your mother is so pretty--I see where you get your good looks from! So lovely to see pix of all the grands. What a wonderful brood you have!

xofrances

NanaDiana said...

wow- Your Mom looks GOOD for having all those kiddos around. I love that she was "special person" at school, too. Can't get much more special than that!
Too bad about no heat but it was worth it to hear Brad preach, I know...especially for your Mom.
Great post!!!! xo Diana

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely family time you all shared.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Such good times, and you are cherishing them. So happy your mom got to be with all those generations of children. God bless you.

Elderberry-Rob said...

What happy people - a house filled with love! good food, family and lots of children having fun - what could be better. Badger is doing me a favour you know, as I probably wouldn't have gone to see Pooh Bear's neck of the woods if I didn't have a guest to entertain! More adventures soon. Betty x

Marcie said...

Grand indeed! Love the love and happiness in the photos!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am so hungry now with all that yummy food. You have a beautiful family; you are truly blessed, have a lovely week.

happyone said...

What a lovely post. What a blessing your family is. : )
Love the pictures and oh boy does that shortcake look delicious.

Lisa Richards said...

James...one already?!?
Loved seeing all the family fun. I did wonder where you'd gotten off to. I forgot about your mom's visit. How could you think about blogging at a time like that? :)
Glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. You had a wonderful time with your family members. All look very cute. All dishes are yummy. Congrats for the graduation. Kids are growing fast...

ann said...

Oh my. You have been quite busy. Your mother is such a dear. And I know where you get your lovely white hair. The children are growing so fast. Look at sweet little James. He looks like such a happy baby. You and your mom are well-blessed. Or shoud I say that those lovely grandchildren are blesses to have the way coolest grannies. Such sweet memoires and mentors for them.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Such a lovely, happy post filled with good memories...already! Your Mom is beautiful and the photos of snuggles with babies wonderful. Alas, someone got to the short cake before me and nothing left but crumbs. Send more, please. Although, how can you send more if I haven't had any?
lol

Catherine said...

What a lovely time you all had. I love the photo of your mum & Birdie best..precious! Delightful lilacs & gorgeous lily-of-the-valley. Wish I could inhale it...so much! Always good to have a neighbourly Garden Fairy around : ) Much love form another GF x0x0x

Gumbo Lily said...

I just *knew* you were busy having fun with your beautiful mom. She is a lovely lady -- I can tell by the way those grands like her and cuddle with her. So glad you had such a good time together.

God bless you.

Kit said...

Oh what a lovely time you had! Your Mom is beautiful! I bet she had such a great time at your place with all those wonderful kids. :)Hope your snow is all gone now! Kit

Fat Dormouse said...

What wonderful wonderful photos full of joy and love and laughter! Blessings to all your family. You certainly seem to have had a great time.

Leslie said...

Your mom is beautiful and I love that picture of her with all the greatgrands. How blessed you all are to have each other. Hugs from Texas, Leslie

M.K. said...

Oh, Pom, it is definitely time for you and Sunshine to go have some adventures together! Your mom has such a lovely, sweet smile -- looks like the whole family had a fun time together. How fortunate you all are to have each other! That salmon looks so interesting. I've never heard of cooking on cedar planks. We loved Trader Joe's too, when we lived in Mass., but haven't had one near us since then. The rural South does have a FEW disadvantages :) It's lovely catching up with my blog friends :)

Followers