Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sweet Peas, December Trees


The sweet peas are planted in the old wooden barrel. It's so easy to push the round seeds into the dirt. I can't wait until summer when they will wrap themselves around the iron heart trellis! I also planted my December trees. I bought them for centerpieces at Christmas time and they were longing for placement in the garden. Done! Someday, when I'm a very old lady, they'll be tall and bushy on this little plot of ours.

On Saturday, Kelli and I and the girls went for a long walk on the trail. Daddy helped us load the buggies.

It's a short drive to the starting place. The loop is long but beautiful!


Kelli got us all organized and we were off!

Millie loved the fresh March air!

I pushed Miss Bug's stroller. She kept saying, "This is FUN! This is FUN!"




Cute horses just a short hop over the ditch. They were resting and didn't mind me taking their photograph!

Kelli had the harder push!

Birdie liked her hike! Maybe you can have a "free hands, free heart" walk outside today. Can you? It's snowy here but I am still thinking spring! I will go sockless, wear cool clothes. Hmmmm. I might buy a flower at the grocery store this morning. Looking outside at the steely sky . . . yes, I need a flower.
Don't forget to shop for your kite! We all need one. We can't waste the gusty March winds!

13 comments:

The dB family said...

Very very soon we will be able to go for snow free walks again. I saw the first red wing blackbird today. I'm not sure why he is here already, but his song sure warmed my heart!

Blessings!
Deborah

Leslie said...

What a fun outing! I like the way Birdie is walking so enthusiastically! That is cute. We have hail and possible tornado warnings this afternoon which ought to be exciting. :-p

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! :)

A kite, oh yes we must fly a kite soon! xxx

magsmcc said...

They are predicting snow for us tomorrow or Thursday- hard to believe. I am looking for cheap cheap kite, you, know, but only to cut into strips to make an outside version of a garland on Crafty Crow. I'll keep you posted! The furthest I'm going tonight, however, is to but another lamp for my bike- think someone else is making good use of my original- may it bless their path!

Marcie said...

I am so ready to begin walking more and more. I let it get away from me a little bit this winter, and I am ready for the sun on my face, the breeze in my hair, bright blue fresh sky above, and all of it soaking deeply into my soul!

Your walk looks delightful! What lovely company you were in!

Elderberry-Rob said...

how lovely to come across horses, whenever I do they are their way somewhere and their owners don't want to stop so I never get to stroke them! Yesterday I saw a kite on the beach and sat on the pebbles in my fake fur coat watching it in the bright blue sky for ages. Betty

Gumbo Lily said...

Now that looked like a fun romp/stroll with the kids. I haven't been for a good, long, sunny walk in a long time. Still snowy and very cold here. We reached a whopping 15* today! I will appreciate spring when it finally arrives, won't I?

God bless all those sweet girls in your life, and God bless you!
Jody

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweet time! Yes, a kite for March! Spring will be here soon :)

Blessings,
Sharon

Sue McPeak said...

Baby Bubba and I did the Stroller Thingie yesterday! He has figgured out how to climb in the stroller by himself and sits there waiting for a pusher. He had on shorts and a muscle shirt...I think we are done with Winter!

Love your photos of the walk. I'll have to take my camera next time.

Sara Padrusch said...

This lovely post had me grinning from ear to ear! I wish that we were a little closer to spring around here, but seeing your walk warmed me right up!

xoxo
Sara

Gigi said...

Oh, I love sweet peas so much -- so charming and homey -- can't wait to see them winding around your heart trellis!
Looks like you and your littles had a grand time - you're such a fun granny ;)!
Blessings,
G

Kerri said...

Your walk looks so happy and full of simple pleasures x

Veronica said...

It still looks so wintery where you are but I guess before you know it those sweet peas will be in full bloom.

Followers