Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Holding Hands


Bill met with a friend on Saturday and that friend shared a powerful memory. He shared the best memory of his father (still living). When he was around twelve, he and his dad were at the airport. His dad asked, "I know that pretty soon you'll be too old for this, but would you hold my hand?" Ben did and now cherishes the memory of his father's big strong hand clasping his. Bill got very teary, thinking of how often we let go of our Father's hand. We're too independent.

I'm going to go hold His hand now.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Good morning, PomPom! I so remember the feel of my daddy's hands, how they looked and how big they were. We can't hold hands enough, can we? Have a blessed day!

Elizabethd said...

Maybe we all grow up too quickly. It isnt till later in life that you remember those moments....and wish for them back.

Gigi said...

What a unique treasure this lovely man must be. Wish there were more like him in our world.
Blessings,
G
p.s. Hope you're feeling better?

Angela said...

Lovely memory, great story. Thanks!

Elderberry-Rob said...

What a lovely story PomPom.

*❀* said...

dear sweet pom pom

i read this and burst into tears.

so beautiful, so powerful

debbie bailey said...

I love your header. Hands are so telling, aren't they? It was a moment of wonder for me when I realized that my hands are identical to my daddy's. Hold Bill's tightly!

Bradley W. Maston said...

Lovely! Just lovely!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story, thank you.

The dB family said...

Dear Pom Pom, this is beautiful! It made me teary too! If my kiddos weren't out at praise team or already sleeping, I'd find and excuse to hold their hands right now. I don't need an excuse to hold the Engineer's hand :o).

Blessings!
Deborah

Followers