Monday, January 15, 2018

January Cozy

 A week or so ago when I was downstairs ironing in my basement sewing area, I decided to make a little curtain (because I wanted to move my knitting books).  It's fabric from a PTNH (a project that never happened).  I like it. 
Believe it or not Tim DOES trot downstairs when I am ironing or sewing.  I think he runs around the house while we sleep occasionally because all his mice are scattered on the carpet. 
 Christmas books that I haven't really made a dent in yet.  I like looking at them.
 I wonder how long it will be before I make a bag or two.  I want to do it, I do.  The Vera Bradley bags I've carried for years are expensive and they wear out around the edges.  It's never too late to get better at sewing, is it?
 Finally, the worrisome clogs arrived!  The first time they shipped to me a "porch pirate" took them.  I can imagine their disappointment when they opened the box.  "Who wants GREEN clogs in this day and age?" is what I supposed they thought.  Anyway, Zulily refunded the money and gave a coupon so by the time I bought them again I only paid $30.  On the Bastad website they are $120.  Yay for a bargain!  Here's something I have discovered about clogs though: They are very clompy.  We only have carpet in the basement (and the guest room) so I find that the noise annoys me.  I must get over it.  Also, when I was in college I wore high clogs and my sister reminded me that I fell over, twisting my ankles quite often.  Hmmmmm.  I hope I am safe on my new wooden soles. 
 I pulled out the French press again.  Decaf in the afternoons is quite cozy. 
 My cousin who lives in Portland now, wrote a book. She writes columns for Lutheran publications but this is a series of reflections.  I really liked it.  I reviewed it on Goodreads and Amazon if you'd like to take a peak. 
 I got my new glasses!  Sorry for the folds and wrinkles . . . on my pink face!  They look purple but they are actually blue.  I like them a lot!  Every third year I find a pair I love.  My last pair didn't please me.  It's easy to make mistakes when choosing eyewear, isn't it?
 I am so thankful that the oranges are so tasty this time of year because of . . . Weight Watchers.  It's going well.  It's fun to go to the meetings with Kelli and talk about it with Jenny (she signed up for the online tools). 
 Our Brad turned 37.  I've been a mama for 37 years so I deserve those folds and wrinkles, don't I?  We met Brad for lunch the day before his birthday.  I love him.  He's such a sweet teddy bear of a son.  All of our children are so fun to be around.  I simply love them beyond words.  They are my favorite people.  
 Bill and I were walking at the mall with James and Noah and we came upon a store called something "cozy".  I thought the window displays were so cute.  The items are not hand knit, but still lovely looking.  Being at the mall and seeing all the familiar mall walkers made me realize that I don't like walking at the mall (it's like being a mouse in a maze) and it gets so boring I can hardly stand it.  Just an observation. 

 Today it is VERY cold and snowy.  Most people think that Colorado is a very snowy place because of the storms that are covered in the news (the airport closes down and causes big problems).  Actually it is rarely REALLY cold, so I honestly don't have lots of occasions to wear my bargain UGG boots.  Today is a good day for them.  Do you see Tim snoozing on the ratty old green chair? He's cold, too.

I think it's time for a cup of tea and a little bit of moving around.  I found my fitbit and I remember why I like it.  I can track my sleep.  LOL!  I also like evidence that I do not sit around on my fanny ALL day.
God be with you, sweet visitor.
Talk soon . . .

25 comments:

Susie said...

Pom Pom, I dearly love my children too. I think your son is beautiful. We need to embrace our aging signs. ..well the in the looks department. The aches and pain...be gone !! I have so many of the projects that never get done. LOL. I love reading your blog. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Henny Penny said...

Timothy looks so furry and cuddly. Don't you love how warm they are? I love your new blue glasses. I've never picked out a pair that I liked after getting them home. Brad is very handsome!

Jill said...

Your reading pile looks like mine :-) I am hoping to read at least 30 books this year and hopefully more! I love your glasses and they look very nice on you. Enjoy your clogs too, I've never had a pair but I've heard they are pretty comfortable. Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

Between Me and You said...

I love my son's dearly too but they take it for granted that I'll be around forever so don't visit often enough.They seem to be perpetually busy!!That's some pile of books there. Hope you get lots of reading time for them.I love your sweet little curtain and it goes without saying that your new spectacles are spectacular!!Have a good week my friend.xx

Debi said...

I have unread books all over the house... a basket by my bed, a box in the guest room and a bag in the craft room. I was doing well reading through them and then my husband gave me a Kindle and I discovered free books on the internet! You son is handsome... I feel the same way about our children. I used to wear clogs at work but I really don't wear them much anymore. Hope you are staying warm!

Granny Marigold said...

It's really too bad that porch pirates, as you call them, exist. I'm glad you got new clogs to replace the first ones. I've never worn clogs and would be afraid of tripping over my own feet. ( I have unfortunately done that).

I like your new glasses. And the cute little curtain you made to cover the PTNH. Have a great week, dear Pom Pom.

Farm Girl said...

That is why I like that fit bit so people can see I do walk all of the time. :) I just love coming for a visit. Its so nice and comforting to stop by for a visit.
I did think it was always cold and snowy. I have noticed that in the winter your temps aren't really that different from ours, though we don't get snow, Have a lovely week.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hmmm...I think I need to find my fitbit

Lisa Richards said...

I think just looking at that stack of books is a lot of fun! I've been reading a lot more lately. It's a nice change from the computer.
We have a large middle school that allows walkers, but I'm not going to drive 12 miles to get to it! So, if I do anything it will be DVD's. :)
One good thing about living in the boonies...folks don't steal packages off of your front porch! I hope they were very disappointed, and I'm glad you got a great deal on the second pair!
Keep those feet warm! Spring is coming!

ellen b. said...

Lots of nice cozy things to see here today. Happy birthday to your Brad. We have 3 birthdays this week. Our oldest will be turning 39 on Friday. It's good to do a program like Weight Watchers together with others. I chose the wrong glasses and need to get back and get a different pair. Enjoy your cozy boots with your snow. Hope your week is a good one!

Lowcarb team member said...

Family is just so special.
I love to see and spend time with the children and grandchildren ... so many precious memories.

Loved reading your post, I think your glasses look good.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Elderberry-Rob said...

I spotted the Margaret Forster book in your pile (my life in houses) I read it and really enjoyed it, it's a good one. Your cloggs look comfy but the noise would annoy me too, maybe they are for outdoors. You are full of inspiration and plans for creative pursuits, hope you have time to make a start on some of them. Betty x

Jeanie said...

Wonderful photos. It all looks so cozy and I love the glasses! I hope you love "Where Wanderers Cease to Roam" as much as I do. I love Vivian's art work and this year, even though I've read the book before, I'm reading it like a journal -- the January chapter in January, etc. When you think that she actually paints the paintings the size of a triscuit, I bow down grateful for her skill! Looks divine and happy!

My Creative Life said...

Lovely photos with dear Tim. I wish QT sat on my lap, but alas he's not a lap cat. Your glasses are nice but I know what you mean, often you just find a really good pair that you love. Have a good week, Cathy x

Julie said...

Love your new curtain Pom Pom. Your book collection looks amazing - some interesting looking reads in there. Hello to dear Timothy Xxx

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Your glasses are pretty. I have to choose a new pair this month also when I get my eyes checked. Always hard to do for me and then I have bifocals and I never know where the line should be! Nancy

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I always enjoy your posts, they are so full of lovely tidbits about your life! Sweet Timothy always is full of cuddles and fun! So sorry to hear about the porch pirates, that is just horrible! But thankful you were able to get another pair of clogs at a better price for you! They do look comfortable! I like your curtain, it looks very cozy and charming! Have fun with Weight Watchers, I agree that oranges are so wonderful to eat this time of year. Happy Birthday to your Brad, speaking of which, I thank you for sharing his devotional with me today, how amazing that we both shared today this same verse today! It is not like that is just a really popular verse, lol! Amazing.. and so I edited my post to update it with his devotional so others could be blessed too. Blessings to you dear friend, so thankful for our blogland friendship, it really is a blessing from the Lord :)

Fat Dormouse said...

Lots of lovely things to read about - your blog is always full of joy!

Can't you just have new lenses put into the frames that you like? That's what I do (mostly because I can't afford the lenses AND the frames!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Spending time with family and children is awesome.
The frame suits your face well. Have a good time!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Great post - so glad to read. I need to get up and do a post of about 6 months. LOL

You have a lot of books to read. I read about 1 a week on my Kindle. Love that Kindle not to heavy to hold up the books.

Keep warm and take care of yourself. Good look son. Happy Bday to him.

Hugs,
Mary

Kim said...

Love your pile of books. Books are the very best present. Folds and wrinkles are the result of a happy and smiling face.

Kim said...

Love your pile of books. Books are the most wonderful of presents. Folds and wrinkles are the result of many smiles and much laughter.

M.K. said...

Oh, Pom, you are so funny :) I laughed out loud twice as I read this post!! You have cozy footwear. It seems many are doing some kind of diet this January - your oranges look lovely! I know what you mean about your kids; I love being with mine too, and my boys are esp. helpful and kind to me. I like your PTNH skirt. I need to remember that term, haha!!!

Marcie said...

What a cozy post! I have been an infrequent blog visitor these past few weeks. My nanny job ended last spring, and I thought I would be "retired" but I'm not ready. So, to my great joy, I am back in a classroom. I'm happy, happy, happy, but also busy, busy, busy. How wonderful to stop by for some of your comfortable hospitality! Thank you!

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Thanks for the many chuckles today...PTNF for starters. Now mine have a name. I've made a bag or two but gave them away; don't remember them as being all that difficult...or I couldn't have made them. lol. Be safe on the shoes but, if it's any comfort, I can fall off my feet when I'm barefoot. It's a dark talent. It's dang (Christian curse word or so I'm told) difficult finding glasses that look good because I can't see when I take my current pair off. My new eye doc told me, "You'd have to go some to be legally blind" which I thought was a tad cruel (even though true).
It's 53, sun shining, no wind and 8 inches of snow is melting...YAY!

Followers