Sunday, July 17, 2016

Ordinary Stuff

I've been trying to avoid gluten (along with a bazillion other people around the globe) so after tasting several commercial gluten-free products (not THAT yummy) I used rice and coconut flour to make my banana bread recipe.  YUMMY!  It's so moist and good!
The other day we drove up north to meet our Brad for lunch (so fun!) and we passed this tiny home!  I love tiny homes even though I don't want one for myself.  I think they are fascinating.  Do you?  It's funny to see a house pulled behind a truck on the busy highway.
 I'm very sad about the absence of love we've seen in the news lately.  Heartbreaking.
 We had fun with James on Saturday morning.  The park was cool when we were there and James loved climbing around.  He's a good climber! 


 There is a big thistle behind our fence and I found one at the park, too. Pretty stickers.
 See how lovely the trees are?  I am so thankful for neighborhood parks.
 James LOVES watching Peppa Pig.  I do, too!  The dialogue is funny!  We found a TY Peppa at the grocery store
 These beauties and their mommy joined us for dinner!  James and his mommy came, too!  SUPER fun! 
 Yeah, I refilled the candy bowl and they filled their mouths with chocolate.
 I love it that Sam likes playing with baby dolls.
 I Waterlogue-ed the two pics above.  

I'm on a knitting kick again.  I just have one half of an arm and two legs to finish on my honey bear.  Then I will stuff him and knit him a pair of alpaca overalls!  I'm also knitting another vest/tank top.  I've been watching knitting podcasts and they are so inspiring!  I am enchanted by the way these women talk about their knitting and crochet.  I admire their bravery because I've practiced talking to the iPad and I am highly critical of the results.  I think to myself, "I'm being a fake!" or "Why do I emphasize random words?"  I'll keep practicing because I have a brilliant idea for a series of podcast episodes.
We have a quiet day today!  I'm going to knit, knit, knit.  
I hope your day feels calm and safe in an eternal way.  For some reason when I finish a post, I crave tea.  I think it's because of you.
Let's have a cuppa.
(HUGE HUG!) 

29 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

I have a small house! it's cosy but severely lacking on storage, anything bigger would not feel right though! Yes, lack of love in the world is very worrying, it's the ONLY thing Jesus wants from us yet it is not freely given. Faith has become such a divisive issue too. I like the new UK prime minister, I am glad she is Chosen, she is special. We have a hot weekend, my neighbour has been round, her three year old was fun.

Marcie said...

Love this post. The Waterlogue-ed photos are lovely!

I hope you will do a pod cast. What fun it would be to listen to!

happyone said...

Great post as always.
I agree, love the tiny houses but couldn't really live in one.
I'm going out to sit on the porch now. : )

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your grandchildren are beautiful. You are so lucky to have them, and I think they love their grandma too.

Love all the pictures, good luck with your pod cast.

Have a wonderful week and enjoy your knitting. I am going to change the seats on my dining room chairs, hope my should holds out.

Mary

Nancy McCarroll said...

Would LOVE for you to podcast! That is exciting! And your waterlogged pictures are great. Keep forgetting to do that, so thanks for the reminder.

I was a blubbering mess at communion in mass this morning, I think because it was so real for me today. Maybe we should all be reminded of our mortality, and looking toward our eternal future, just sorry it has to be so real sometimes....

Melanie said...

Enjoy your knitting! Very cute grandchildren. I agree - there is so much hate in the world. The world needs Jesus. Have a great day.

Lisa Richards said...

I love Peppa Pig's little stuffy-nosed, English accent, lol!
I would love to hear your podcasts! Persevere!
Yes, the world needs Jesus. Hopefully they will see Him in us.
Hugs!

Between Me and You said...

We're all about Peppa in this house too! Would love to see and hear your podcasts. Have a good week my friend.x

TexWisGirl said...

absence of love...replaced by hate. incredibly tragic. your beautiful grands give us hope.

Kit said...

Thank you for my HUGE hug! Here is one back. {{{HUG}}} Loved your post and always love to hear how you all are. :) Kit

Granny Marigold said...

Like you I am fascinated by tiny homes but could never fit all my beloved 'stuff' into one. And like you I am so thankful for neighbourhood parks. I am so thankful for the one so close to our house.
Have a great week!!

Gumbo Lily said...

I hope you do a podcast. I'd like to hear your voice.

I'm so sad today about the news. It causes me to pray. Hearts need Jesus.

I love your cute grandies and the waterlogue.

Anonymous said...

It would be fun to have a tiny house in the backyard of my bigger house! :) Praying for our law enforcement officers...

Debi said...

I have used the Waterlogue app a few times. I love the way it softens photos. I'm intrigued by tiny homes too, but, like you I have no desire to give up the space I have! Your grands are so cute... glad you get to spend time with them! Have a great week!

Farm Girl said...

What a wonderful day(s) you have had! I love all of your pictures.
I always enjoy your pictures. It also makes me happy that you have been knitting. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Your water-logued photos are lovely! The kids are adorable and it looks like such a lovely summer there -- here, just a little too hot.

Kezzie said...

I love your pictures and I love that stuffing face with chocolate shot! They look so innocent as well!

ann said...

you are busy, busy, busy. The grans are adorable. Good grandma for filling the candy jar. Isn't waterlogue fun?

elizabeth said...

Knitting is such a joy! Yay for all the good things! Btw, I don't think you can possibly appear to be "fake" as you are so uniquely and wonderfully you! My sister is GF for years, so the recipes are out there. Hard though, gluten is hidden in many pre-processed foods. HUGS back!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I love your posts that are full of wonderful randomness! The grandkids are precious, such wonderful times you are having with them! I hope you get lots accomplished with your knitting, and I agree with you about the sadness in our world today, we must keep praying. Hugs to you today!

Amy at love made my home said...

Please keep practicing! I would love to see you! My advice - for what it is worth - stop practicing and just record and post it, otherwise you will practice for ages and never be happy with it! I am still not happy with mine, but if I had waited I wouldn't have just published my 10th episode of my podcast! So have a go and see what happens. Enjoy it too! Not going to dwell on anything else. xx

Debbie said...

Lovely post! I've never seen one of the tiny homes in person but have watched a episode or two about them on tv. They are adorable but like you, I don't think I would want one for me! Where would all my yarn be stashed??

handmade by amalia said...

Sounds like you're enjoying the summer, Karen. That James is a darling.
Amalia
xo

M.K. said...

Aww! I think that's wonderful that you want tea when you finish chatting with us :) Sweet. Your grandies are darling -- those sweet girls and dear little James. I'm glad you're knitting. I'm on my usual summer yarn aversion, but it will pass. Too HOT here. I need to finish a scarf for my d-i-l. Enjoy your quiet day!!

GretchenJoanna said...

Until I read your post, I couldn't put my finger on a nagging something that was missing from this afternoon, but now I know - it was that cup of tea! Thanks for helping, Pom Pom!

Vicki said...

Hi, dear PomPom, I am so glad to visit with you and hear about your adventures with your gorgeous grandchildren. I, too, am saddened about the hate we are experiencing in our world. I pray that I could be a spreader of kindness in some way. I can finally post pictures again at Bunny Cottage. If you would like to come and visit me, I would really love it. Peace and love to you and your family.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Pom
have used the coconut flour too..looks good..the darling children and your painting..:)
hugs,patty

GretchenJoanna said...

Also, to include breadmaking in the category of "ordinary" I think is extraordinary! I bet that bread was eaten in a flash....

Terra said...

I like how that photo edit you do transformed the photos into what look like watercolor paintings. Cute children in your photos too.

Followers