Saturday, June 25, 2016

Girl Fun

 The kids gave Bill a very cute Father's Day gift.  Each grand is holding a letter to spell grandfather.  Even the expected baby got in on the act.  Aw!
Samantha is pulling out so many teeth!  Jenny says that pretty soon she might have to use the blender to prepare meals!
 Grrrrrrr.  Bunnies are eating the pansies.  
 We're eating summer fruits.

I survived the swim meet and the girls were extra cooperative. We didn't miss an event and I was able to slip between people/timers/parents and watch the girls swim, too!  



 We loved having three little girlie girls in our house for six days.  They are so comfortable and happy.
 They went to theater camp.  

 They wanted a tea party.


 They had fun talking to Grampy.
 I slept with Millie Rose because she is at the age when kids have nightmares.  She's a cuddle bug.
 Crazy hair day at theater camp

We watched some movies

We had hot weather for slip and sliding!  

 On the last day we gave in to lots of screen time.


 We had so much fun and I am so thankful for such a sweet visit with them.  I am richer for it.

This morning James came over to mow the lawn.
 We drove to the mall to run around, throw coins in the fountain, and eat breakfast.
 Sweet Miss CB had a swim meet today!  I bet she swam swiftly.  

 Here are two lovely bug catchers!
 And sunhat wearers!

Hydrangeas grow inside at the mall but not outside in Colorado.  Aren't they gorgeous?



I kept seeing this lovely zine on Instagram and on blogs and finally I found the website so I could order it.  Susan B. Anderson AND Alicia Paulson (Posy Gets Cozy) are two of the contributors.  Do you ever feel like there are big gaps in your online knowledge?  I have learned so much about the creative world from reading blogs but there are so many trends that pass me by completely.  I am very glad that sweet and lovely book/mags are being made these days.  Some of the sad lostness of our current times make me feel pretty bummed out. 

I really want to make this little project.  Isn't it darling?

We have some Australian house guests coming next week so I must tidy the basement where one of them will sleep.  It's a rat's nest down there.  
I have other fun family things planned and a sweet lunch with a good friend on Thursday.  

The cucumber plants are growing.  One area of our garden isn't doing so well so I think I need to add some vitamins to the soil.  I really should put on my boots and weed a bit, too.

I've been craving wedding cake and I think I know why.  Our wedding was in June and my parents' wedding was in June.  The next time I go to the grocery store I will buy a piece of white cake with white frosting, eat it and thank God for marriage.

I am very interested in Brexit.  I LOVE my UK blog friends and quite simply I LOVE the UK very much and want it to thrive and be sound.  I hope good will come from the decision the people made.
I am reading JAMBUSTERS and I am thoroughly enjoying learning about the W.I.  
I bought some new tubes of watercolor paint and I'm itching to do a little painting and drawing.  I'll let you know how that goes.
Take care, sweet visitor.  I'm so thankful that you come by as often as you do.   



29 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

precious girls and boy. :)

Saleslady371 said...

You are one fun grandparent for sure! Oh, my, the scheduled activities you planned impressed me. And those hydrangeas! I love them too but we can't grow them here in AZ. I'm thrilled about Brexit and wish my friends in the UK a very happy independence day. I got a kick out of your wedding cake hankering. My husband will tell you white cake with white frosting is my favorite! Have a lovely weekend.

happyone said...

Glad you all had a fun and happy time.
Wow that is a lot of teeth out at one time!!
What a great Father's Day gift!!
Such a cheery and happy post. : )

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

What a great post and all the wonderful things and activities that you and the grands are enjoying. Sounds like so much fun.

Love the Hydrangeas, they are beautiful. Mine are fried due to the extreme hot weather we have been experiencing. I waited all year and they look terrible. I am so disappointed at the gardens and vegetables, just to hot.

Enjoy your visitors and have fun with your sweet grands.

Hugs,
Mary

Granny Marigold said...

Six days with those lively lovelies would be loads of fun but I'm quite sure I would have given them screen time by the fifth day if not the fourth!! They are precious. I'm so glad James is so helpful with mowing the lawn and all. He's quite a treasure too.

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you remember to take lots of pictures! I loved seeing your week. Its never dull at your house.
I hope you get a little rest before your company arrives.

M.K. said...

There's so much to do out there, as you say - I love Posy Gets Cozy's blog and photos, and should look at that "zine" as you say. And the WI is such a fun idea -- I love it in Miss Read's books :) Glad your week was SO grand!! I love your girl's back in her swim suit -- eat my bubbles - haha! She look like she has enough sass to make that happen! :)

Happy@Home said...

That is an extra special Father's Day gift for grandpa.
It sounds busy and extremely fun around your house. Enjoy your visitors.

Shilpa said...

What a great post ! Lovely pictures . The girls are so cute
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Julie said...

So much loveliness in this post Pom Pom. Your grandaughters are beautiful - so glad you had a lovely time with them. Your teaparty looks wonderful & those hydrangeas ... some of my favourite flowers. Have a lovely week. x x x x

Lynn said...

How do I get the book?
Great post-lovely and happy.
L.x.

Elizabethd said...

Brexit will be interesting. We are happy with the decision, but glad we are not still in France as it will make a difference to British people living there.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Sweet, good times. The picture of the tweets girls that n blue dresses is my favorite!

Melanie said...

What cuties those two are! I can just imagine the fun you had for 6 days. Even a tea party! I don't know much about Brexit. I have to read more about it. I too love England. My late husband was English. I do hope they thrive in their new situation. Have a great day.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Great post, Pommy! Such fun, lovely photos, great memories!! I am looking to obtain that magazine as well -- adorable project. Have fun with your Aussies!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Lovely things happening at your place! Your new book looks fun and I can't wait to see how you enjoy your new paints. Brexit is exciting and opens up a lot of opportunities and challenging issues (and concerns) for us here in the UK as it has revealed how divided we currently are.

Marcie said...

I love these posts of yours that make a reader feel like part of your family circle. I read the chatty notes and see the smiling faces, and I feel happy. Thank you!

I especially love the two little bug catchers in pale blue dresses. What a lovely, timeless photo.

ann said...

You are just very busy. The girls are adorable. I cannot believe how big little James is getting. Such a cutie. What about this heat? I planted a hydrangea. We will see if If can keep it alive!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Your girls are just the cutest and I love seeing all their beautiful smiles!
Enjoy your guests!

GretchenJoanna said...

I love all those pictures, especially of James mowing the lawn! It won't be long before he really does, time is flying that fast.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

So fun to see all the pictures of the grandbabies--who aren't really babies anymore (look at how big James has gotten!). It sounds like you're having a busy yet wonderful start to your summer!

xofrances

Maggie said...

How blessed you are with all those beautiful grandchildren to fill your lives. It was wonderful to share just a little bit of the fun you all had together.
We are still reeling from the shock result of the Brexit vote, who knows what will happen but already the Leave politicians are beginning to fudge and waffle about what it was they exactly promised.
We live in interesting times!

elizabeth said...

what a lot of nice things! super fun times with the Grands, how lovely!!! I am loving that Making magazine too; it's so nice. I know the pain of seeing all the lost-ness of this world; we need to keep praying and investing in our community best we can. Creating and sustaining beauty and love of Christ is so important!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea for a card from the grands. Love that. You are wonderful grandparents for sure! I'm trying to catch up after being without WiFi for a few days!

Debbie Harris said...

Hi Karen~What a gorgeous day it is here in Colorado! Thinking of you.
You offered us much delight in this post, I so enjoyed myself as I scrolled along. Looks like you had some fun times with the grand kids, and swimmers,nice.
I think your idea of having a piece of white cake and thanking God for marriage is an excellent thing to do. Happy late Anniversary to you both.
How sweet of James to mow the lawn for you. Is he for hire? :)

Have a beautiful day~~

Amy at love made my home said...

Looks as though you have been having a great time with the grandchildren! The picture for fathers day is wonderful isn't it! Enjoy your guests and your cake!

Attic Clutter said...

oh so sweet the kids letters to Bill..:)
losing teeth...well my 7 year old grandsonjust lost hisfirst tooth!
seems awfully late..?
have a wonderful week
:)
hugs,p

Lisa Richards said...

So glad you enjoyed your girlie girl time!
Lots of interesting stuff going on in your house.
Jambusters sounds interesting. I've always wanted to get an inside look at what happens at the WI. :)
Hugs!

Heather LeFebvre said...

Oh it looks like a lot of fun to have the girls at your house!!! Laura is always wiggling her teeth, trying to get more to fall out! ha ha! She must be a similar age to Samantha! You will have to let me know about that "making" magazine!! You are the second friend to mention it. I have houseguests from Colorado right now! Actually, they are missionaries in Uganda but based in CO. In the last 6 weeks I've been able to visit or have a visit from three of my closest friends from teenage years! Such a blessing!! And I've gotten to meet all their children (hadn't met any of them before!). Special times.

Followers