Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hello Again!

  (I've been perking coffee with our old camp coffee pot and it's GOOD!)
Hello again!  My blog break (and FB and I-gram) were quite long enough.  I removed my blog roll so I wouldn't be tempted to break my fast.  I'll put it back up soon (it's a fussy thing and takes a while).  I missed this place and the kind people like yourself who read this blog.

The other day I was Granny Writing Teacher.  We had fun!  Plum Cake (3 years old) held her own with the older girls!



 We prayed before we began and we prayed during (my sister was at the doc for a check up and asked us to pray for her doctor anxiety).  
 We've gone a bit overboard with all the Valentine stuff at the grocery store.  The red tulips are so cheery.
 One of Kelli's friends came to our "girl time - talk about Jesus time" and she hadn't been to our house.  She thought the heart display in the dining room was just for Valentine's Day.  No.  I am not that ambitious with holiday decorating. 


 Our kitchen island finally came!  I love it, but it is a smidge larger than I anticipated so I am trying to decide just how to position it.  It's a bit of a puzzle.  

 I colored a few teapots.
 I sent a few letters.

Our son Brad has a new hobby.  He has many interests (bagpipes, remember) and I am quite impressed with his ability to carve!
 I forget if I told you that Kelli's family has a new cat.  Henry.  Isn't he cute?  He's VERY peppy!
One day I went to Jeff and Christie's to see James' kitty (and of course James).  Isn't she cute? She has pink claw protectors. 
 I ironed a pink tablecloth and arranged some heart dishes. 
 I am reading this book.  It's a day-by-day plan that continues for thirty days.  Below you can see Day #1.  It's a prelude to putting the finishing touches on my Rule of Life.  





Here are some cherry hearts for you.  Be careful that they don't stick to your dental work.  

 I made two soups this morning (and some yummy cinnamon rolls) because we are expecting a lot of snow.  

I got to bed too late many days last week and this week I aim to tuck us in early.  It makes a big difference when I am tired and I HATE to be tired.  So, here's to a great week for all of us!  God be with you, Sweetie Pie. 


22 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad you had a good break! Great to hear from you again. xx

Anonymous said...

Soup...is so perfect for a snowy day. Love your heart display. Good to see you here again...

Farm Girl said...

I think it looks great!! What a fun week you have had. I like to see the girls all working so hard at writing. I like the carving. I always thought carving would be nice to learn to do.
I really am excited to have your book. I love your book. What nice book to have for a month.
I need to look into it.
Have a lovely Sunday.

TexWisGirl said...

love the kitties and the kiddos. :) i have an old coffee pot just like yours except it is a bit more banged up. :)

Kezzie said...

I missed you lovely Pom pom!!! SO much to comment on in this post- your heart, rejoice always display is so beautiful! That's such a simple sign but so important and important- hmmmm, might make a brooch in a similar vein! It might make people smile and rejoice! The new kitties are gorgeous- I've never heard of claw protectors- is the cat ok with them- she doesn't try to eat them , does she? That soup looks tasty, especially the first one. Mmmm....

The writing teacher time looks good. You are a good grandmother! Now you need to go to bed early- like me!!x

Debi said...

I'm glad you had a good blog break, but I'm glad you are back! What is it about snow that makes us want to make soup and bread? Have a great week!

elizabeth said...

fun! well, your place sure is festive! cheery! I love soup and bread! we got our big snow last week... now it's relativity warm again and slowly the piles are melting.... have a peaceful night! and thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Henny Penny said...

The girls are adorable! The tulips are beautiful! coloring those teapots would be fun. I've been thinking about getting myself one of those new coloring book with the beautiful designs. My granddaughters have outgrown coloring books and I miss coloring with them. Glad you are back!

Linda said...

You are a busy lady. I always thought I'd like to be a wood carver. Lots of pretty things in your home including the girls.

Julia said...

It's fun seeing the girls all so seriously busy writing or drawing in their book and your daily planner book looks attended to.

Everything looks so festive at your house and I'm impressed with the carving as well.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your break from social media as it can really get too much sometimes.

Have a great February and thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog. I really appreciate your comments.
Stay safe and healthy.
Hugs,
JB

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Glad your break left you renewed and invigorated! What can I say -- beautiful babies those girls! And such fun you were having. I love all the photos and am so glad you are back!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you're back! You always have such lovely encouraging posts.
I'm in a blogging slump... it may have something to do with not feeling too well. But...February is here and we have HOPE. I think I'll make some yummy soup too! Soup is a good thing.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Love all your hearts and valentines. Aww, Henry is too sweet, as are the girls! Glad to see you back, PomPom!

happyone said...

So nice to see you back and what a lovely newsy post.
Love all the hearts on the shelf, the cats are cute and yes, your son does have talent. Cool wood carving!!

Lisa Richards said...

Your Rule of Life is such a wonderful thing. You've found the perfect way to use your art to glorify God. I tend to compartmentalize my art and life into separate "folders". I want it to all become one. You're doing it and I'm learning. :)

I love that you used your very own artwork in the header!

Brad's carving is magnificent! If I'm not careful I'll add another hobby to my life! :)

That kitchen island is quite a blessing! Hope you find just the right spot!

Glad you're back, friend! XXOO

Marcie said...

Didn't even know you were on a break... because I was on a break. lol. Glad to see you again and all of your cherry red hearts and happy moments shared.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Welcome back, glad you had a nice break. The soups looks wonderful and your storm is headed my way. That gives me some time to prep for it as well. The kitchen island is lovely...have you placed it yet? I do like that green...lovely, soft sagey sort of color. Take care of YOU...last night I took one half Aleve PM and slept 11 hours...marvelous!

Danette Bartelmay said...

I LOVE everything in this post!
It's so good to have you back :-))))

Elderberry-Rob said...

I'm glad you're back, I missed your cheery posts even though it was only for a short absence. I think Henry cat might be an 'apricot tabby' breed same as old Amber? he's lovely and I would quite like to have him to make a matching pair. I am posting a letter on Thursday (I thought I could say that NOW otherwise it will sit and not get posted for another week!). Your son's sculpting is lovely, is there more? it's worth displaying. Betty x

Fat Dormouse said...

What lovely things you have been doing! You have been very busy having fun. I received your card today - thank you, sweet friend. It is lovely and fun like you. Do Jeff and Christie think claw protectors are a good thing? I can understand how you might want them with a baby in the house - cats are lovely but unpredictable - but I wonder about them for the cat's welfare...

Between Me and You said...

We had a 'Henry' here too. A fierce storm called 'Henry'! It's gone for the time being but Storm Gertrude is apparently on her way come Thursday/Friday! Don't ask me who picks the names but at this rate we'll be having Storm Zebedee anytime soon! I love your new kitchen island (glad it finally arrived which is more that can be said of my replacement carpet!). I'm trying to get to bed earlier too but only wish I could sleep for at least one whole night! Glad you're back.xxx

Heather LeFebvre said...

Your island is beautiful!!!! Can't wait to hear more about your rule of life stuff when you have it ready to share!!! Oh, and we are just about down with Wind in the Willows so you just let me know where to send next...

Followers