Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Road Home

 I was looking at my photos of paths and roads and then I looked at My Daily Meditation for the Circling Year (John Henry Jowett) and what do you know?  Yes, for March 4th the writing is about John 14:15-31.
Here it is:
And so even the road is to have the home-feeling in it. "I will not leave you orphans." Yes; there is to be something of home even in the way to it.  I find something of Devonshire even in Dorsetshire; Shropshire gives me a taste of Wales.  My Lord will not leave me comfortless.  Heaven runs over, and I find its bounty before I arrive at its gate.  The "Valley of Baca" becomes "a well."
And there are to be wonderful visions to speed the pilgrim's feet.  "I will manifest Myself unto him." At unexpected corners the glory will break!  We shall be assuming that we have picked up a common traveller, and suddenly we shall discover it is the Lord, for He will be made known to us "in the breaking of bread."  And at many "risings" of the road, where the climbing is stiff and burdensome, we shall be inspired with many a glorious view, and we shall see "the land that is very far off."

The one condition is, that I keep His word.  If I am obedient, He will appear unto me, and the humdrum road will shine with miracles of grace.
God is Jesus and the Holy Spirit and as I've been studying deeper into God's Word, I am experiencing enlightenment in new ways.  I've been a follower of Jesus for many decades and I remain astounded that there is no "ho hum ordinary" when it comes to the journey of the soul.  The WORD is the gift to us zillions of humans.  Using words to talk, to read, to write, to show the way makes life quite miraculous.  Don't you think so?


14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i love the bright light waiting at the end of that road in the second photo. :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

super photos.........

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I can relate to these words. This says what I am walking through this year. Thanks for posting. "At unexpected corners my glory will break!"...that says it all.

Anonymous said...

Yes I do think so. I love the roads, paths and the words you posted here. We got to stick close to the Word and stay on His path for sure!

happyone said...

Lovely photos. They make me want to take a walk. : )
So comforting to know that Jesus is with us always as we walk along the 'road'.

Gumbo Lily said...

I love it that God's word is always "new" to me, even though I've read it many, many times. There's a new revelation, a new idea, a new understanding. Good stuff.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

love the last photo!!! -happy sigh-

as to your last question... I ask a lot of questions, in my blog. and I know, it is lovely to get answers.

but this is the kind of a question, on which I'm sure, you hope for agreement. and you will get plenty of it. it's just that I can not give mine. our views differ.

there... :-) I answered your question, but did not say anything disruptive, in your comments.

gentle hugs, Tessa~

ann said...

Oh yes.

Lilly's Mom said...

Christ is in our midst, he is and ever shall be. Lovely photos.

Julia said...

Yes, the Word is a magnificent gift that we take for granted.

Hugs,
JB

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Loved those thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing. Just what I needed at the moment.

Leslie said...

"Heaven runs over, and I find its bounty before I arrive at its gate." I like this quote and it seems to me to be true in positive ways of the beauty of LIFE and God's creation merely because it is His work, but also in some negative ways with trials and such because the contrast is where we even notice beauty for what it is, and growth brings about a deeper beauty. Thanks for this, Pomtothe2, I can always count on you to make me think. Hugs,Leslie

M.K. said...

I love so many of your turns of phrase, and what it reveals about your heart. "The journey of the soul" -- what a true idea! Those quotes are heart-warming, to think that we have glimpses and tastes of heaven NOW, that God gives us morsels along the way to keep us encouraged and moving, not disheartened. I love that. May you discover many glimpses of heaven ahead!

Lisa Richards said...

I'm always so comforted to know that He hasn't left us orphans and that the road leads home! Thanks for the reminder, dear friend! :)

Followers