Monday, September 15, 2014

Abundance, Peace, and Hope

 Even though we had a blast of cold, it is still summer.  Yay for summer and productive cucumber plants and one tomato plant that is doing her job.  Perfect.
 My February planting of sweet peas was counted as a loss until these strong vines appeared!  Purple sweet peas!  They showed up late!  I'm so thankful!
 Bill is the best digger ever.  He dug out all the monstrous lilies and the old iris and now the roses have some room to shine.
 It really is still summer and we will continue to sit on quilts and pillows in the evenings.  Bliss.

 Thank you, God.  Thank you for a pepper.

 And thank you for fifth grade grandnieces who come to our town to play soccer.  Yes! Our niece came down from Boulder and I met her at the game.  Don't you love her hat?  She's so good, fun to talk to, and absolutely one of my favorite people. 

 Her girls loved cooling off after the game!  CUTE!
 That evening, we went out to Kelli and Bry's house.  The mountain bluebirds are everywhere, but of course I am a bad bird photographer.  
 The neighbors have mini-horses!  I hadn't seen them, so we went right into the barn to say hello.  Aren't they cute?  

 We had to say hello to Sven, who is eating and getting fatter.  Yay!

 Here's the view from the sofa.  Miss Bug and Millie Rose came over to play while the rest of their family went to the Bronco game.  Granny sat on the sofa while they ate their lunch.

 I'm reading this for my book club.  It's wordy and crafty, too.  He did win the Nobel Prize.  Smile. 
 And James wants to say hello and let you know how much he loves his nightly bath.  He remains so calm when Christie pours warm water over him.  Aw. Babies and baths = one of life's great pleasures.
Saturday morning Grampy drove over to pick up James so that his parents could sleep in (so nice, that Grampy).  James slept for about fifteen minutes.  Ha ha!  He is a spunky baby and these two grandparents can't get enough of his goodness.  Afterwards, we all went to breakfast.  I am overwhelmed with granny love.  I think of each grandchild and I am so awed by them, individually and as a group.  I like them.  I love them.  
Every single weekday I say, "Thank you, Jesus. Thank you that I am home."
By the way, I am preparing for my routine procedure that all over fifties must endure.  You know the one?  The cleansing first and all that it entails?  Yes.  Definitely staying inside today.  
I hope this Monday finds you peaceful.  Hopeful.  Maybe your hopes aren't BIG hopes at the moment.  Maybe your hope is NOW, for this day, this gift.

19 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Your whole family is chock-full of "cutttties"!

Oh so nice, that baby James, likes his bath. But then, he is so tiny, that he probably remembers the warm feeling, of being in the womb... :-)

Oh your Sweet Peas came through!!! Here, our Morning Glories are all vine, and no "Glories"... And it's mighty late now!!!

Tessa~

Sarah said...

Love looking at the pictures of your family.

And sweet peas are one of my faves. I'm hoping to plant some at our new house.

xxx

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Your post today is simply full delight, love and gratitude - it warms my heart! I have been putting off that dreaded over 50 procedure, just being a sissy about it I suppose. I read that book you are reading now, and thought it quite strange and sad. But its a nice departure from the usual, I'll give it that.

Between Me and You said...

Now, if you keep cutting your Sweet Pea flowers when they appear, you will encourage more flowers to grow and then when the pods eventually appear, cut them all of and you will get a much longer flowering period. Honestly, it works! Love all the pics and I totally agree on the grandchildren front. I may have to endure the dreaded procedure but for the second time in 5 months! I can't abide the thought of that cleansing drink!! (assuming we're talking about the same procedure, of course!). If your jam is still soupy, you can boil it up again and re-pot it. Won't do it any harm. I tried reading that book but found it weird. You can get it on DVD now so might try watching it instead! I'm reading 'The Fatal Shore' by Robert Hughes about the convict landings in Australia and it's rivetting!Taking my mind of Thursday's historic happenings!

Sue McPeak said...

So wonderful that you are enjoying your 'Stay Home Granny' time and life. ALL of photos are wonderful, entertaining and full of love. Take care with the cleansing and procedure...it will be over before you know it. Been there done that several times. Happy Monday and Fall to All Ya'll.
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

Farm Girl said...

I agree about the gifts. We are so blessed to have so many. I think Fanny Crosby was a genius.
She was so gifted and blessed.
I love all of your wonderful pictures today. They all make me happy. Such lovely horses.
Hang in there. :)

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful blooms and good produce. the minis next door are cute!

Elderberry-Rob said...

You put me in a happy mood today with your post Pom Pom, thankyou! I felt grateful for a lot of things in my own life after reading about yours! smiles and hugs. Betty x

ann said...

We are enjoying this sunshine, now officially Indian Summer. You had a busy weekend. Good luck on the procedure.

Kezzie said...

I've got a real soft spot for James now! He's a cutie!
Love your produce and yes, I DO like the hat!!! You are a lovely Granny, Pom-pom dear, you make me happy to read about!x

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You sound so relaxed and happy in your retirement. That James is so darling. I love how you talk about your life. You always inspire me to think about all the blessings in my life with gratefulness.

Lisa Richards said...

Gratitude and contentment shine forth from this post. I hope you never get over the feeling of thankfulness for being home! It never gets old for me. Family is precious. :)

Debi said...

Your grands are just adorable! I had my first ever "procedure" this year... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hope all goes well... have a great week!

Catherine said...

Oh I am so glad that your summer didn't run off Pom. I'd love to come & sit with you on one of those evenings...in your welcoming comfy chairs. Isn't the scent of a sweet pea just so heavenly! Good job Bill all that digging..may your roses bloom exuberantly! Dear little James..hello sweet boy with a curl atop your precious head.
Hope you're all over & done now & all good.
Much love for a happy week, GK x0x0x

Nancy McCarroll said...

A lovely life filled with good things to eat, beautiful children to love, a healthy body, and God is good.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

That James is a sweetie! And I so love the name James.

I have never had The Procedure, but now that I'm 50, it's time. Not looking forward to it one bit ...

Glad you're enjoying your retirement!

xofrances

Julia said...

Your photos are full of goodness and that little James is adorable. I love your thankful mood and it's contagious.

Pompom, I'll make a post about what my molds are all about next time. Another person asked the same question. I used to have a large ceramic studio years ago. I'll explain why I'm getting rid of them.
Hugs,
JB

Attic Clutter said...

Oh yes the red trailer is just the cutest !!
love your baby bath post ..

well the whole thing (:) the horses are fun too (:) hugs,Patty

M.K. said...

James is so adorable. There's something sweetly overwhelming about a baby and a mother's love for him. I remember. We did the hair thing during bathtime too -- we called it "the horn." :)

Followers