Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Pause of Thankful

 Two weeks until Easter.  What will you do on Easter Sunday?  Do you have regular traditions?  As I ponder Easter, I am reminded how saved I am.  I am saved from myself, all my feeble human thinking and my flaky plans.  I am saved from the sadness and despair  that society offers.  Granted, Jesus did not promise lack of sadness, but He does promise life to the full.  I am very aware of the covering of grace that protected me from many of the effects of my thoughtless moves and hasty assumptions throughout my life.  Oh, thank you, Jesus.  Thank you for inviting me to cast my cares upon you.  That's big. Thank you for inviting me to know you and worship you.  I DO want to be still and know that you are God.



 Creation sings of your GLORY!  Amen.

 The pastels of spring are comforting.
 Spring-y foods like spinach are so pleasing.  

 And more randomness - I like paper straws for drinking green tea.  Smile.  I must remind you that I like blogging for the images, not so much the writing.  If I focused on the writing, it would take me much longer to post!
 My friend Dormouse sent me a kitten card (this is the kind of kitty I am hoping for) and a Peter pin, which I put right on my red vest.
 And speaking of red, a Little Red Riding Hood had Fairy Tale Day at school on Friday.  Aw!

And last, a little reminder again that we are here to love our God and love people.  People are plentiful and it is a privilege to love them.
God be with you this day.  

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

really sweet.

and i like the saying in your header, too.

TexWisGirl said...

(btw, i'm guessing you may have seen a mountain bluebird in colorado.) :)

Kezzie said...

Yes, people are plentiful and there is always someone to love. Yes, its Amazing to think of what he's protected me from x

Deb J. in Utah said...

This is a lovely post! I agree with you on everything. I especially love that last picture - the child's drawing of a family. Have a lovely Sabbath Day!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Sometimes I like Easter more than Christmas...less rush and more time to reflect and think about what Easter is really about. Jesus and what He did for us, dying on that cross for our sins...my, my now that is a gift that never stops giving.

Elizabethd said...

What a super post. How lovely Little Red Riding Hood looked!

Elderberry-Rob said...

What a delightful red riding hood! I am pausing in lent in my sons room watching over him as he has tonsilitis!, I am thinking it is a blessing that I have people to love and care for, what a redundant life I would have if I. Wasn't needed. Betty

Farm Girl said...

Lovely and so happy and full of spring. I love all of your images and your words are filled with such truth. Have a lovely day.

Angela said...

God be with you, too, dear friend xx

Floss said...

I do like your final reminder, Pom-Pom. A great thought to take into the coming week!

Lisa Richards said...

Lovely images and magnificent writing!
Thank you, Lord, for the free gift of salvation that cost you everything. Thank you for loving us so much!
2 John was my portion of scripture this morning. Our purpose is to love! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

I love your new blog wallpaper and header of tulips! and the quote about a center of calm - wonderfully apt. Thank you, PomPom!

(I'm thinking of the song, "Everybody/loves a lover/I'm a lover/Everybody loves me/Yes they do!/and I love everybody/since I fell in love with[you know Who]")

libbyquilter said...

love seeing your spring flowers and Little Red Riding Hood is a cutey~! what a great smile~!

are you getting a kitty?

i'm wishing you a week full of joy, spring surprises and peace.

:-)
libbyQ

Nancy McCarroll said...

God be with you also!

Nancy McCarroll said...

God be with you also!

GretchenJoanna said...

Pom Pom, I notice that your blog list that includes my blog is not updating. I published a new post last night but most people aren't seeing it. I asked my friend who moved my blog for me and she wrote "Your current feed is at wordpress.com, and has no relation to the blogger feeds. If they still are using the blogger feed, it will not update, because the new posts are on wordpress, not blogger."
I don't know if there is anything to be done about this, but just so you know....

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello Pom Pom! Thank you for the visit and comment. I love your yellow gingham background! Wishing you a blessed Easter. Thank you for all the lovely images you share, and the words too.

M.K. said...

Look at Little Red Riding Hood with her basket! So sweet :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I like Little Red very much! And your new wallpaper!

I'm enjoying this Easter season very much. So much more contemplative than Christmas.

xofrances

Gumbo Lily said...

So far, the lead up to EAster here has been much about calving. It's a busy time, but I'm reminded of how precious life is. Life and death go hand in hand here on the ranch.

Loving your pictures. I like to blog with pictures more than words too.

God bless you, Pom Pom.

Followers