Thursday, March 1, 2012

Green Chair Time

 Tra la la!  Our new green chairs came the other day.  Bill calls our morning chats and prayers The Green Chair Time.  He tells couples around the world about the investment we make every morning (when he is in the USA) and some people are fascinated by the concept.  We get up very early (it's a habit now) and meet in the living room, in front of the window.  I am ever so thankful for a husband who loves to talk to me and pray with me.  The old chairs were very broken down and tattered.  They lasted a long time.  When I was looking online for chairs, I gravitated toward the flowery splashy chairs, but Bill didn't want zany perches.  Smile.  So, we'll have these new green chairs for another couple of decades.  They had to be green.  Jeff (our number 3) looks cute sitting on one, doesn't he?  I love him.
 In the midst of my summer longing, I ordered a new swimsuit today.  I have good plans of swimming pool time with the grands.  I am thrilled that it is March 1 today.  Four of my childhood friends have March birthdays.  It is such a happy month! 
 The Willows are at Mag's house (click on the link just above my post).  You must read about their adventures.  I am feeling quite like Badger because I have tomorrow off and I can stay home and cuddle up in our nest.


 I'll fill the bird feeders, too.  Do you like Millie Rose's bird pajamas? 
 It's parent/teacher conference day at school.  It's a long day of talk, talk, talk and honestly, I do get tired of talking.  It IS fun to tell parents how great their children are, though.
 I am thinking about wearing my rag doll pin to school to remind myself to be kind and gentle like Ann.
 My friend Lisa (my art buddy!) is drawing pictures over at Pen and Ink and Maybe some Paint.  You might want to look.  I love her drawings. 
 In honor of my ballerina aspirations, I keep doing Zumba.  The songs run through my head in the night and are still there when I wake up in the morning.  I've decided that dancing is my favorite exercise.  Do you like to dance?
Well, Thumbelina . . . thank you for reading this far, following all my zigs and zags! Hazelnut has reminded me that I need a kite.  Are you going to fly a kite this March?  If you do, take pictures and tell the story, please!
Bye-eeeeee!  (BIG SMILE!)

19 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweetie...
A beautiful write today. I so enjoyed seeing your beautiful new chairs. Green is such a pleasing color and they look so comfortable. The perfect chair for chatting and praying along with your better half. No better way to spend a quiet morning.

Love the Raggedy Ann pin and yes I think you should wear it, and see if any parent comments on it. One of them might get the idea. To cute.

Love those bird jammies as well. They are so cute.

Oh and before I forget I love the swimsuit photo. So darn cute. I am going to have to purchase a new one this year as well. The grands love to come over and swim.

Talk to you soon sweet friend. Have a glorious day. Country hugs and much love, Sherry

The dB family said...

Kites!! What a lovely idea to usher in spring! Perhaps if I get ambitious, the children and I can find a way to make some kites that will fly.

Enjoy your day off, my friend -- and enjoy those green chairs! They look comfy and cozy. Green is such a warming colour, isn't it?

Blessings!
Deborah

D. Jean Quarles said...

It's been a while since I've been by and left a comment. I want you to know I love your new-to-me look of your blog and also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your post. Have a great day.

Farm Girl said...

I always think of March as kite month. Do you remember first it was kites in March and then yoyos in April and marbles in May?
I loved spring. Not to mention jump rope and doing hot chile peppers and then my favorite of all Chinese Jump rope. Do they let kids do that anymore?
I knew I would marry my husband when the first gift he bought me was a kite and we would pack a picnic and sit and fly the kite.
My daughters lovely friend did that for their first date. :)
I love your green chairs. Praying with my husband has been the best thing in my life.
It all looks good and I am so glad you get to stay home.
Bye for now,

Leslie said...

Love your new green chairs and that your sweet husband spends time with you praying and talking. Dancing sounds like fun.

Gumbo Lily said...

The green chairs are lovely. Perhaps you can add a flowery pillow to satisfy your colorful, flowery taste.

Hooray for a new swimsuit. I hope you have lots of warm pool days with the grandkiddles.

I love to dance too, but don't do it nearly enough.

Happy Day!

Angela said...

I love to dance, but I am not very co-ordinated.
My main exercise is mostly chasing deadlines, jumping through hoops and throwing caution to the winds.
Sometimes I run on a treadmill.
We have a green chair just like that - but it is old and worn now, and hides under a lovely patchwork blanket.
Lenten Blessings
[ps looking forward to The Trio reaching England soon]

Elderberry-Rob said...

I like your green chairs, they look comfy and I enjoyed all your chatter. I don't have a kite but I do like to watch them on Brighton beach in the Summer. Bettyx

Susan B said...

I enjoyed your post today. Your new chairs look very comfortable. I used to love flying kites, but haven't done it for many years. It sounds like fun! Have a lovely evening. :)

Happy@Home said...

What a lovely way to begin the day in the green chairs with your hubby.
Those little birdie pj's are so cute on your little sweetie pie.
I do like to dance, but won't be flying a kite. I've never had good luck with that so I quit trying years ago.
Enjoy your day off.

libbyquilter said...

a beautiful way to start a day~!
such fun and whimsy found here today. thank you for the smiles.
enjoy your day off tomorrow. snuggle for a while in a patchwork quilt, drink some hot cocoa and listen to your heart in some needed silence.

:-)
libbyQ

Lisa Richards said...

Thanks for your kind comments and your plug for my blog!:)

I would love to see you doing Zumba! It does look like fun. I used to do Tae Bo for years, then I slowed down and quit. I'm looking forward to warm weather. Maybe I'll resume walking/jogging and do a few 5k's this summer.

Enjoy your day off! Take it easy and do lots of things you love to do!

ann said...

Big smile back.

seo said...

Hey
Saying thanks will certainly not simply be sufficient
This sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the good works
Thank you!

no spring chicken said...

I can't stay seated after this post. I'll say hi and then I'll pop up and find something giggly and heart tickling to do. That's what you inspire in me. The get up and giggle! Thanks friend. :)

Blessings, Debbie

Hazelnut said...

Hi PP,
Just to say, Millie Rose is an adorable name! Also, it would be my hearts desire to have a praying time with hubby in the a.m's... I do not know if he would be up for that..I will pray about it!
Sorry if you had this comment before, my comments seem to have gone AWOL on a couple of sites..
Experimental hugs,
Hazelnut xxx

Fat Dormouse said...

How wonderful to share prayer and talk time with your dearly beloved. As Mr F-D isn't Christian I'm sorry I miss out on the praying together part. You have lovely chairs to use.

And I love dancing! I took a ballroom dancing class a couple of years back, and learned the tango, the paso doble and the cha-cha-cha. I'd like to try Zumba, but there are no classes near us. But I'm glad you're having a good time!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What an incredible blessing to have a praying husband.
I used to Zumba and am trying to get the t.v. set up so I can use some DVD's my sister gave me. It's great and fun exercise.

for sale said...

HI
i would like to say thank you about this cool post, and this idea very helpful to me and nice article
Thank You

Followers