Friday, March 23, 2012

Fun Artwork

 Happy Friday!  Yahoo for SPRING break!  
I have a new to me The Wind in the Willows illustrated by Tasha Tudor.  Beautiful!  I saw a copy at the antique mall but it was too expensive (40 dollars!  Yikes!) so I ordered this copy for under ten dollars (yahoo for Amazon!)
 Look at the sweet expression on  Mole's face.  He's so nice.
 Mr. Toad looks so silly in a washer woman's dress!
 This is my favorite!  I like to close my eyes and see the small dock for Ratty's boat.  The Willow boys are in Ireland at the moment and shall soon set forth for England.
 Lisa at Pen and Ink sent me this sketchbook.  I've been using it.



 Does this guy scare you?  I cut off his speech bubble because he says REAL bossy things.  I didn't want you to think he was saying this particular bossy thing to you.
 Can you see my sweet BP journal?  I have collected four of Beatrix's original tales, too.
 This is an Amelia leftover from our Jenny.  Do you know about Amelia's journals?  So cute! This face reminds me of yesterday when all the sixth graders were super hyped up for a reading event taking place in the library.  It was a very mixed up day and stressful.  Sixth graders need structured predictable days.  Whew.  I think they also need a week off!  Me, too!
I am so excited to go to California.  I am going to meet up with Sara from Come Away With Me.  We are going to sit together for lunch and enjoy each others' company!  Wahoo!
I hope this good day warms your bones and gives you an extra boost.  Thank you so much for coming by to say hello!  (BIG HUG!)

14 comments:

The dB family said...

Just lovely!! I hope you have a perfect spring break and that the weather is as beautiful for you as it was here for us!

Blessings!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I've never read Wind in the Willows, but the illustrations are so sweet. I think I'd better rustle up a copy and see what I've been missing.
Hooray for Spring break and a trip to California. Have a wonderful time.

Lisa Richards said...

Have a luxurious spring break. (Do lots of fun things and relax!)

I LOVE what you've done with the sketchbook! Wish I knew what that guy was saying! I really love all of the pretty little cottages and your bright, whimsical people are always a treat to behold!

Your WITW is so gorgeous! And I love looking at book collections. Yours looks like so much fun to peruse.

Well, off to work with me. I do have the weekend off, so I'll try to do something luxurious, too, hee, hee! :D

Blessings! Enjoy your time in California and your visit with your bloggy friend!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, enjoy meeting a fellow-blogger! What fun! Lovely, bright pics today...loved looking at them all! xxx

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Not very many days now! It's cold and spritzy here and the weekend will be wet, but there should be sunshine after that!

I love Tasha Tudor's illustrations.

Farm Girl said...

Have a great time. I love your drawings, they always make me happy. I am so glad you are on spring break.
I have so many sketch books around here. Every time I go through a cupboard, I find at least 3, I can never part with them.
I don't draw mind you but I always made sure none of my kids ever left the house without them, I still love watching them sitting and sketching.
My daughter is doing illustrations for a book now, a paid commission, that makes me so happy that others will see her artwork. :)

M.K. said...

Thank you for all those sweet faces from all those sweet books! I feel that Ratty, Mole and Toad are friends, and always a comfort to see them. I hope you have a FABULOUS time in Cali, and a lovely rest.

Gumbo Lily said...

Have a wonderful spring break, Pommy. I like your sketch book very much.

Jody

Elderberry-Rob said...

HI PomPom, hope you have a really great time in California. Your WIW book has some beautiful illustrations. I am feeling very wind in the willows this week and think I will find an illustrated copy in the library for a few days. We have sunshine here, celandine flowers in the woods and home made bread this morning. I made my son Jack a fry up at 5.30am this morning as he is working early at McDonalds and it has been a great start to the day. Lots of birds outside on the feeder and several hours to putter about before I go to work. Bettyx Oh your man does look cross but I like your pictures, especially the butterly catcher.

Catherine said...

And she said "Come away with me "& you did! What a lovely thing to do! I am so glad that you bought a copy of The Willows with Tasha Tudor pictures...you really had to have that one didn't you. What a darling wee mouse. Do have a wonderful break. Hope it feels like a really long week!! Love to you, big hug Katie xox

no spring chicken said...

That's my book! That's how I have always known the boys... Tasha style.

Enjoy your weekend. Put a few new sketches in your book and relax with cup of chamomile tea (in honor of Peter of course)!

Blessings, Debbie

Kit said...

Such a lovely post! I am excited for you and your trip. Have a great time! I love California. Kit

A garden just outside Venice said...

Happy Spring Karen :)
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!
x

Kerri said...

Oh I love Tasha Tudor! She is so inspiring to me. And I love that you have been drawing. I have too. It's such a happy thing to do isn't it?

Followers