Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Morning Chit Chat


Good morning! The dark of night is just now lifting and Bill flew from Bangkok to Phnom Penh while I've been sitting here drinking my coffee! I wanted to say a quick hello before I hustle off to school.

Because . . . I'd like to stay home today and look at this pretty magazine ten or twenty times. It's one of my favorites. It's thin but it never disappoints!



Lynn over at All Things Bright and Beautiful asked me, "Why are you knitting a tomato?" Good question, Lynn. It's a small round bag with a drawstring and I decided to make it look like a tomato. Should I put waxy pumpkins inside?
Oh! My acorn squash was delicious! Jeff and I ate it last night. Olive oil and garlic and baked! Thanks, Betty! Thanks to everyone else who gave squash suggestions, too! The possibilities are endless! YUM!



My brother David drew a portrait of me for my Facebook profile. Isn't he a nice artist? He's silly. He is a very successful plumber in my hometown with a fleet of trucks and staff. He's sharp as a tack, honest and true. He doesn't really use much technology. He writes things on his hands! Anyway, I love my hair in this picture!
Time to go. Yesterday was hard. Sometimes the support staff are less than supportive and eighth grade rebels need more gentle guidance, but overall, the kids were calm and nice all day. Woo hoo!
Would you say a prayer for my Kelli? She is pregnant, with three months to go. She has a skin condition that acts up when she gets too warm and chasing around two little girls all day adds to the overheating problem. Pray for healing. She's tired. I wish I could stay home and relieve some of the stress. But, there I go again. Time to iron my clothes and speed down the highway. I love it that you come by. I am so interested in you.
(SQUEEZE!)

12 comments:

Leslie said...

I will whisper a prayer for Kelli right now. Being a young and pregnant mommy is hard work and I pray that God will heal her skin and give her much grace to get through what probably feel like very long days.

And while I'm at it I will say a prayer for you, your staff and your students who are so blessed to have you work with and teach them. People can be hard, but God is big.

Hugs to you, Pom Pom,
Leslie in texas where the sun is peeping out of the clouds.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now for sweet Kelli. Big hugs, xxx

Elderberry-Rob said...

Will pray for healing on Kelli's skin condition. Glad you liked the squash recipe! I was surprised you tried it - I am not a cook so anything I do has to be easy. Betty xxx

Anonymous said...

Aawww.. Poor Kelly!! I'm saying a quick pray for her.. Dont you worry.. she'll be just fine!!

I like the way you say.. 'kids are calm & nice all day'!! Really?

My younger one is a monster.. and has truck loads of energy in school... Sadly.. that doesnt tire her enough.. and she has another truck load of energy at home.. Wonder where all this comes from?? *sigh*

libbyquilter said...

the "portrait" makes me laugh but i guess you're lucky he didn't draw it on his hands . . .

thinking thoughts of peace and healing for your Kelli.

:-)
libbyQ

The dB family said...

Hello my friend!

I am saying a prayer for Kelli right now -- and for you too. I like your hair in your portrait too!

Hugs to you!
Deborah

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, poor Kelli! I've said a prayer for her and one for you, too. Love the picture of you--that's what brothers are for, isn't it, making us look silly?

xofrances

A garden just outside Venice said...

I hope your dear daughter's skin gets better soon, poor Kelly.

Gumbo Lily said...

A double prayer for you and for Kelli. Isn't it wonderful that we can stop right where we are and talk to God about people? He is so good to listen.

Your tomato bag is really cute. I admire all of you who knit. You make it look so effortless.

The picture doesn't quite look like you -- where are the bright blue eyes and the glasses and the pretty white hair? The smile works tho.

Jody

Bradley W. Maston said...

that is a very nice portrait that uncle david drew so carefully for you. I'm sorry you don't get to flip through you magazine this day. Perhaps it can be a good saturday activity. I love you.

Jessica Lynn said...

My facebook profile picture is a picture that Jordan drew of me, it says mom, i love... in his messy 6 year old writing. So special! I'll remember Kelli in prayers today & you as well.You're such a sweet blessing too Pom. You give so much of yourself!I don't know how you do it all-- but I would bet it has something to do with the man upstairs! xo

Kerri said...

Sending a prayer your way right this minute x x

Followers