Sunday, November 15, 2009

White Wonderland!


This morning, after crawling out of our flannel-clad log bed, I followed the sweet fragrance of coffee down to the dark living room. Winter Wonderland greeted me there! All night long the snow tumbled down and the cold temperatures welcomed a huge pile up! Now Bill is out in his down coat (and shorts - people do this in Colorado) shoveling the driveway. Our nice neighbor, Joan, is outside as well, wearing her lime green gloves and hot pink hat!

We're sure to have a bright day inside! The whiteness of the landscape will find its way in here. Yay! I think I'll make some sugar cookies, frost them and top them with sprinkles - as a tribute to this show stopping weather!






Yesterday, Birdie and Bug spent the day here, so Kelli could finish her painting. Birdie busied herself with a Tinkerbell PEZ dispenser that Reve brought me from Disney World. I wore the Tinkerbell pin Reve also gifted me with and Birdie was okay with that as long as she had her own Tinker who "fraps her wings" and gives vitamin-like candy on demand! Bug let us cuddle her and ate like a trooper, slept like a bear cub and crawled around in that adorable fleeting manner that little girls who are nine months old tend to do!
Jenny, Scott, and BEANS joined us for a Saturday visit yesterday, too. One look at her cute baby bump and I'm reminded that soon I'll have Samantha Rose, a tiny baby shrimp, to cuddle and love! Jeff stayed around, opting not to drive to Boulder to see friends due to the storm warning, and he is always the gentle uncle who chases, laughs, and helps. He cheerfully endures all the noise.



Brad wrote a lovely post (see here) about his day with April and the kids. They went to Christmas program practice and laughed and loved all day long. I hope he'll find "The Snowman" on YouTube and show it to CB and Finn. It was a favorite of his!



I may treat myself to a snowy film. "White Christmas" or "Eight Below" or maybe I'll view "Mystery, Alaska" because it is a VERY snowy and cold movie!
I'm so glad I know that yes, ONE man sinned and we all do, too, BUT ONE MAN died to wash me whiter than snow.



20 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Since I love snow and Jesus, you can imagine how happy I was to see these pics and read your post!

Marcie said...

Your snow is so beautiful, but I'm thinkful for our little stretch of warm days at the beginning of November! :D

At Home Mommy Knits said...

What a perfectly lovely way to wake up! I can't think of anything I love more than a hot cup of coffee/cocoa and a snowstorm raging outside.

Pom Pom said...

HI Mary! Yes, I give you a snow picture, because YOU are a sun bird like my mom and dad. I have a feeling I'm going to be itching to go to Sun City West in a month or two!
Aisling, the poet, I LOVE your little slip "thinkful" instead of thankful!
AHMK, I know! I think it will be difficult to pull myself away from the window view today!
Thank you for your visits, friends!

Flavia Sunshine said...

What a blessing the snow ! I love it, but here where we live (south of Rome, in Italy ) it never snows.
And what a lovely refreshing post you wrote. The last paragraph moved me deeply, so very true !
I wish you a wonderful week full of blessings, dear friend :)

Flavia

Country Life said...

I love these snow pictures!!! I am also a tad bit jealous. We haven't had any snow this year (yet), and I do love the snow so much! :0)

Stay warm, Pom Pom!

~Karen in Ohio

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh how I love snow. What wonderful pictures you've shared. Hugs..

Pom Pom said...

Hello Flavia, Karen and Scrappy!
It's so nice to hear from you! Flavia, I've never been to Italy. My only glimpse was in the pages of Francine River's The Mark of the Lion series. I loved the pictures on your blog. The children are so industrious! I'm going back to read it again.
Karen,
No snow in Ohio? You'll have some soon, I bet! Thank you for the WARM wishes!
Scrappy,
I bet you are a busy bee quilting away, soon sending more warm bundles up north!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your wonderful snowy post warmed my heart in every way. Thank you for all the gorgeous photos, and thank you for sharing the joys you feel wrapped inside the love of your family

I love all the cupcakes ... wouldn't mind trying one of those sugar sprinkled little delights!

Have a great week, keep warm and snuggly!

Lots of love
Carolyn x

kate said...

I can't wait for our first snowfall here in northern Michigan. My boys have been talking to friends in Colorado often, and always hang up with jealous sighs because you've seen more than a dusting!

libbyquilter said...

the shots of your recent snowfall are full of winter magic and i'm certain that i can smell something wonderful baking . . . could it be one of those sugar cookies~!?!~ or maybe it's that fabulous looking cupcake that you've currently got as a header . . . yummy

:)
libbyQ

Left-Handed Housewife said...

The snow is beautiful--but I can't believe you have so much so early! Hope it's still lovely tomorrow!

xofrances

April said...

Don't worry, Brad has found "The Snowman" and has showed it to the kids several times. They are mesmorized by it just like he is.

Bradley W. Maston said...

Beautiful snow. The snowman was watched and loved. I can't quite put my finger on what I love so much about it. I guess it's just the unrushed beauty and magic. The music is beautiful as well.

Love you,
b

SuKnitWitty said...

SNOW and WinterWonderLand right out your window! Wow!!! Beautiful pics and post! I feel all warm and toasty and sprinkled. Have you been lookin for me? I was working in Fort Stockton all last week with no WiFi. Missed all my BlogginBuds. I'm slow to get back in the swing...but will pick up the pace here in a day or so. Stay Warm!

Katy said...

WOW! Stay warm and cozy inside! I am not ready for snow yet..at all! LOL...although, I must admit, your pictures do look beautiful!!! :)

Gigi said...

Hi Pom,
Your snowy photos are beautiful -- look like Christmas cards! I'm a little jealous of your snowy weather. Well wait, that is until I remember driving on Colorado mountain roads in the snow and nearly hitting an elk and slipping on icy steps and breaking my tail bone -- never mind ;-). Guess I just don't have the right stuff, do I? But it is so pretty!
Hugs,
G

Kelli said...

Did you really make sugar cookies? With delicious frosting? I'm salivating at the thought. Why didn't you share?

Kerri said...

Wow! I can't believe how thick that snow is! I thought your first photo was an illustration at first. Amazing! I am a BIG fan of yours too by the way :)

Barbara said...

I'll join you in the snow as well as by the fire and what fun we will have!

I have some teddy bears but just a few compared with yours.

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Barbara

Followers