Tuesday, September 8, 2009

VERY Pretty



Jeff had a lot of fun up near Vail and he has a VERY fancy camera that takes gorgeous pictures like this. Welcome to the Colorado Rockies!



A man and his wife live in this little cabin. They get snowed in all winter.



Miles and miles of magnificent . . .


Now, back to the Mile High City and specifically Mrs. M's classroom. Today we acted out West Side Story and then I let them watch some of the scenes we read. They LOVE it.



It is one million degrees in my classroom. I am melting! Melting! Even the kids are complaining. Pray for repairs soon, PLEASE! I can't wear my swimsuit to work.




Even Will would complain if he could!




I packed up and left earlier than usual today - to escape the inside temps! After the hot (again) commute home, I had to have a meander through the yard, getting my fresh air fix!



These went into a little vase with a few pieces of garden produce!




I wanted you to see my little collection of mini-bags. One is from Egypt, one from the Philippines, one from India . . . and the little velvet one was a gift from a friend.




Sorry these are in such random order. Here's a pink bud for you.










Some blues for you!




And a sweet skein of lovely . . .



A bear, a basket of pine cones and a sweet little lamp Reve gave me.












I'm thankful that it is still warm and I can continue to go sockless and wear capris to school.



I'm kind of discouraged going to Weight Watchers. Last week, I lost a miraculous four pounds but this week I had a .8 pound gain. At least the gain is only 1/2 of a pound, but still. I am being good. I guess I just need to run ten miles a day. Sigh.
The school days are way too energy expensive and I do remember how great it was to pace myself this summer, and LOAF! Oh well. I still can't get to my cute bunting, but soon I will - I hope! Sorry for the random photos and garbled blah, blah, blah. Bill's in Singapore and I miss him. He still has to go to Australia before he comes home to me. Pout. Pout. Pout.
I hope you are doing well. I hope you have more time to make bunting than I do. I'm a bad multi-tasker and I am honestly beginning to think I will NEVER change. I worry about dumb stuff. xopp

13 comments:

The Mud Spattered Man said...

I like how you motivate your students with a prize gatorade. That jeff is one heck of a photographer.

...Nina Nixon... said...

I love the first picture - fantastic.

Nina x

renaissance said...

Those pictures are gorgeous - brilliant.

Elizabethd said...

Lovely photos today, thank you.

Kerri said...

You're so adorable! I want to live in that little cabin in the woods, it looks amazing! And your zinnias are fabulous, they make me think of my granny's garden. Hope you don't melt too much :)

libbyquilter said...

in fact, Will does have a look as if the heat has taken it's toll . . .
love the cabin in the mountains idea . . . snowed in and cozy. i would be sure to have lots of books and quilting to do and maybe a cribbage game . . . and gallons of hot chocolate . . . oh forget it, i don't think the cabin is big enough~!~

:)
libbyQ

Sue McPeak said...

No AC in the Class? Personal Fan..I think they have the little Battery operated ones at WallyWorld. Meatloaf a FAV here..so long as MashedPotatoes and gravy accompany...Everybody happy...specially SKW...I didn't do dishes.

The dB family said...

Dear Pom Pom! I hope your time will go quickly before Bill comes home! What beautiful photos!

I put back on some poundage I lost last week too. I simply cannot fit in regimented exercise into my schedule.

I don't think I'm a very good multi-tasker either -- although, I have discovered I can have five books on the go at a time, as long as only one is a novel.

I love the purple bows in your crocs. Praying that the time will go quickly for Bill's return and that the air conditioning is fixed soon!

Blessings!
Deborah

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I hope your classroom cools down soon! Oh, the drama of WWs--I'm amazed how much my weight fluctuates each week, when seemingly I haven't done anything much differently. Arrrgghhh!

frances

Scrappy quilter said...

What wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us. I can understand your discouragement over weight. It's a constant struggle for me too.

Angela said...

Just tagged you for a Blog Award! but will understand if you're too busy to follow it through!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Don't worry about dumb stuff. Dumb stuff happens whether we worry about it or not! I love your walk through your garden ... it is very peaceful. I can feel you unwinding as you take them

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend dear Pom Pom xx

Gigi said...

Pom, you're so cute & funny & real! Great photos too. Sometimes I think I'd like to live in that tiny cabin in the woods and escape from this frenetic crazy world. But, being snowed in with Mr. FC all winter ... maybe not ;-).
Blessings,
G

Followers