Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sharing Food, Night Time, and Mrs. Beasley



Bill sent me this photo of the squatters' village food distribution today. He shared that it was VERY humbling. The kids were delighted.



Precious ones.



April and the kids came for our girls night. Kelli is still sick with a bug and Jenny was super pooped after work. April and I (and CB and Finn) had chicken and potatoes and then we talked about what it means to recognize different seasons in our lives. Rich and GOOD. I love A! I walked them out to the car and spied the moon looking all round and glow-y. Time for a moon dance!





This is where Colton sat today. He read his West Side Story part with boldness! I like to think the red chair symbolizes the individual and the "every day eighth grade student" who is struggling along, trying to figure life out.




In the advanced class we are getting ready to start exploring Romeo and Juliet. We're focusing on how the hunger for power can corrupt relationships. Instead of placing all our attention on the "love at first sight" attraction between R and J, we're going to look closely at the family ties, too. We watched a documentary (The Mystery of Love) and tried to figure out what the filmmakers were trying to say about family. This is what the kids came up with. Click on the photo for a bigger view.



One of the other eighth grade English teachers brought her old Mrs. Beasley doll and she said I look like her. Hmmmmmm. Maybe if I put my glasses on. Anyone remember Mrs. Beasley?



Time for this poor old clown teacher to hit the sack. Dishes undone, laundry waiting to be folded, BLOGS READ (yay!) and a snug bed beckoning . . . I am thinking of you and praying for you. Tomorrow is Friday and Friday IS good! xopp

6 comments:

The dB family said...

Love the photos!! Isn't the moon beautiful these days?? I think I would like to be a grade eight student in your class. And I do see the resemblance between you and Mrs. Beasly :o)!!

Have a blessedly wonderful day!!
Deborah

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Oh you have a new look. You are so energetic I have a job keeping up with you Pom Pom! Hope you have a restful and joyous weekend

We have sunshine today and I am going to see a new exhibition of art work in a fishing village near where I live and then I expect it will be more jam for tea!

Blessings and love
Carolyn ♥

Marcie said...

I had a Mrs. Beasley doll as a little girl. I don't know what happened to her... That one looks fresh and very well cared for, and maybe just a little bit like you. Sounds like great things are happening in your classroom. How wonderful to explore old literature with fresh, young minds. :)

Gigi said...

Bless your sweet DH for doing such wonderful work!
And no, you don't look like Mrs. Beasley. You're beautiful!
Blessings,
G

libbyquilter said...

oh my~!!~ the things we take for granted . . .

your classroom is already humming and off to a great start. loved reading the board full of "family"
definitions and i think there is a bit of Mrs. Beasley in you or maybe it's that there is a bit of Pom Pom in Mrs. Beasley . . . hmmmmm. . . .

:)
libbyQ

Bradley W. Maston said...

You are a rock star!

Followers