Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pixies in the Pumpkin Patch



I have always liked Peanuts and found the gang incredibly endearing. Even as a child, my optimism bordered on ridiculous - I so wanted the Great Pumpkin to come each time I watched. He doesn't. I'm so sorry Linus! Today, I may drive by the pumpkin patch and take a picture, but for now you can see Granny's pumpkin patch. Do you see the two pixies who love to jump in?


We have TWO orange and two green pumpkins. I was hoping for one more for Emma (Reve's granddaughter) and I'm still hopeful!



Last night we sang and prayed and ate pizza! Jeff and Jenny (and Scott) weren't here but the house buzzed with Finn (he's walking!) and the girls!


Miss Bug has her bottle with Grandpa. Don't worry - she's still nursing, too!


And she's eating. Wheat cereal! "Give me more!" she says!


Kelli was trying to keep her awake, but notice her left eye! Sleep, please.

So after reading All Things Bright and Beautiful and Shiny Red Houses, I am going to go to a thrift shop today and see what I can find. These two bloggers have inspired me! I'll let you know how it goes! Also, I am brewing up a give away for my birthday! Friday I'll give the details! Stay tuned. BIG LOVE coming your way, coolest people on the Internet (that's YOU!)

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog Pom Pom - oh and I'd love it if you were my neighbour :)

Marcie said...

I love what's popping up in your pumpkin patch. So cute!

Can't wait to hear about your thrift-shopping. I've always loved to browse in a thrift store. I have to look for a beret later this week for a group project in my art class (long story!) and my first stop will be a thrift store. :)

Scrappy quilter said...

Looking forward to see what you get at the thrift store. I love those places.

Bradley W. Maston said...

Wonderful times! Thank you so much for having us all over last night. It was a blessed time! I hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

GretchenJoanna said...

I love your new Doris Day quote...and pumpkins are beautiful, on the comic strip or in real life.

SuKnitWitty said...

Cute Pixies! Looks like they sprinkled dust all over their grandma for a nice evening with family. What did ya find at the Thrift Store....one of my favorite places....Sue

The dB family said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! Those sure are some cute pixies!!

libbyquilter said...

oh~!!~ pumpkin pixies~!~ my favorite~!!~
what a sweet shot Pom Pom~!!~

:)
libbyQ

Followers