Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy, Happy

Happy, happy colors and faces and fantastic places . . .











Hi, Everybody! Are you ready for a new week? It's still September, my FAVORITE month of the year because it's my birthday month! I guess October can be a favorite, too! It's both Jenny and Scott's birthday month and . . . Bill and I are going to Hawaii for my fall break at the end of the month! Yahoo! In six weeks, I'll be bobbing around in the South Pacific! Ahhhh!
However, in order to remain a nice person for the six weeks until THAT, I am going to try to keep things peaceful and frenzy free. I'm sort of considering how I am going to do this (smile) and one of the ways is to enjoy some quiet and candlelight every evening. Add to this a cup of tea and some sweet reading time.






I think I also need regular sniffs of lovely flowers. I do remember there are always fresh flowers at the grocery store!






Sometimes, a little mouthful of chocolate does the trick, too.



I think I need VERY frequent looks at THESE precious faces!















But this I know . . . by myself, I can do nothing, but if I am clothed with the most effective outfit that exists:
"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests."
Ephesians 6:13-18
I am going to keep my gear on!
This is my friend Tracy's son in the outfit I mentioned! Isn't he a little beacon?



And . . . I'm going to hold on tight (but not too tight) to the sides of the Radio Flyer of life. I loved the end of that movie Parenthood when the grandma who has been pretty quiet through all the chaos says that life is a roller coaster and you should just put your hands up and enjoy the ride!


Oh, happy, happy abundant LIFE!
xopp

8 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Oh Hawaii! We visited there some years ago and loved it, would adore to go back again. We only had time to be on one island though.

SuKnitWitty said...

Just look at those 'Cute Little Flyers'...or are they Flowers...Me thinks...both! Happy Birthday Month toooooo You! Thanks for visiting CollectInTexas Gal...could you believe ALL those comments? I was so BlownAway again....the first BlownAway was from your sweet card I received via QuickPonyExpress with a real stamp. Thank-you...our Friendship is very special to me, too...Sue

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Those beautiful faces cannot help but make you smile. The flowers are to cheer you and bring sunshine, the candles for peace and reflection, the book for your mind, the chocolate for your enjoyment and a big hug for such a lovely post!

Bradley W. Maston said...

What sweet and wonderful moments make up this existence. It is a wonder and a joy to see the world through your eyes. Thank you for sharing!

libbyquilter said...

oh sweeeeeet life~!!~ you are one busy lady and certainly deserve to offer yourself a quiet time in every single day full of candlelight, flowers and chocolate~!!~ good for you~!! but yes, for the rest of the ride; "just put your hands up".

:)
libbyQ

p.s. happy happy HAPPY birthday month to you~!!!!!!!!!!!!~

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Dear Pom Pom, I so love what you said about The Secret Garden. I enjoyed that book as a little girl and still have my childhood copy, but I had forgotten about it! I am going to try and find it and read it again starting this very evening!

Thank you :o)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Lovely photos, as always!

I've nominated you for an award. Stop by and pick it up!

frances

The dB family said...

Love it! May you always enjoy happy abundant life!! A very happy and blessed birthday month to you!

Blessings!!
Deborah

Followers