Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday is GOOD!



See our Giving Tree? Isn't it fun? Those are apples taped on by the students and me. They wrote sweet intangible gifts on their apples - respect, kindness, laughter, courage, talent, and many other things they can give our school and our classroom community. It was fun and now I have a Giving Tree growing in my room. Happy, happy.


Here's Birdie all jammy-ed up just before she went home last night. I love her little long-johns. Don't you just want to smooch her?




On our way back from the park last night, I had to stop at my favorite garden and snap these lovely, poke-y things!





We see Zelda and her mistress around the neighborhood quiet often. She entertained us with her red ball fetching. She's all wiggles and love.

In the strollers - ready to go! Let's go Ginx! Birdie still calls me "Ginx" but I think her name for me will morph into Grans.




Miss Bug is working on eating solids. As you can see, she's not impressed.



I must stay late at school today to get ready for Monday. We've had a great week. The kids are dear and things are shaping up. It's exhausting and busy with a million things to do every minute, but standing in front of 115 teenagers every day is quite an honor. I'm thankful.
Happy Friday to you! xopp

7 comments:

The dB family said...

I love your Giving Tree idea! Awesome! Your photos are great as always. Miss Bug's expression cracks me up!

Happy Friday to you too!

Andrea said...

Lovely, lovely pictures!!! Your grans are soooooo sweet!!!

I have been thinking of you as your new school year begins. I love, love, love the Giving Tree!

Your gifts are surely an asset in your classroom, and your students must be so inspired by you.

What a vessel you are in God's hands!

Take care, and have a beautiful weekend!

Andrea

Elizabethd said...

So glad the first week has gone so well. What a positive statement the tree is.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your giving tree idea. Awesome. And wonderful pictures. Hugs..

Jennyff said...

I do remember that lovely Friday feeling but not so much since I've been retired over a year. Have a great weekend.

SuKnitWitty said...

Hi KPom...got your message!Sew glad you liked your SuStuff! Yeaaaa!!!Friday!!!I'm sending this comment from NewBraunfels...at my Sisters...Will be here for a few more days. Rest,Relax and Re-group...Monday Bell starts ringing early! SWK

Marcie said...

I love your giving tree. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that idea one of these days! *grin*

It sounds like you had a good, full week. I hope the weekend is wonderful and relaxing... and then, right back at it! :)

Followers