Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Photos and Fancy Quotes




"The main thing is to immerse ourselves in the material, and reach for the intensity."
~Anne Rice




"It may be that we have lost our ability to hold a blazing coal, to move unfettered through time, to walk on water; because we have been taught that such things have to be earned; we should deserve them; we must be qualified. We are suspicious of grace. We are afraid of the very lavishness of the gift.
But a child rejoices in presents!"
~ Madeleine L'Engle, Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art




"Rationality squeezes out much that is rich and juicy and fascinating."
~Anne Lamott



"Some people don't really bother much with remembering; it seems such a useless activity. But most writers are addicted to it."
~Alice Munro



"I feel that art has something to do with the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos. A stillness which characterizes prayer, too, and the eye of the storm."
~Saul Bellow



"I know Him! I know Him! I didn't know His name!"
~Helen Keller



"Ideas have come from the strangest places."
~ Joyce Carol Oates



"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love."
~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe




"Grub before aesthetics." ~Bertolt Brecht




"Look for a long time at what pleases you, and longer still at what pains you."
~Colette




"There are years that ask questions and years that answer."
~Zora Neale Hurston



"The poet is the one who is able to keep the fresh vision of the child alive."
~Anais Nin




"God, I can push the grass apart
And lay my finger on Thy heart."
~Edna St. Vincent Millay




"Over and over, we have to go back to the beginning. We should not be ashamed of this. It is good. It's like drinking water." ~Natalie Goldberg






"When you lose simplicity, you lose drama." ~Andrew Wyeth




"You've got to find the force inside you." ~Joseph Campbell



"The turning point in the whole cycle of growing is the emergence of a focus or a theme. It is also the most mysterious and difficult kind of cognitive event to analyze. It is the moment when what was chaos is now seen as having a center of gravity. There is a shape where a moment ago there was none."
~Peter Elbow, Writing Without Teachers




"Ten times a day something happens to me like this - some strengthening throb of amazement - some good sweet empathic ping and swell. This is the first, the wildest and the wisest thing I know: that the soul exists and is built entirely out of attentiveness." ~Mary Oliver



"If a writer stops observing he is finished. Experience is communicated by small details intimately observed." ~ Ernest Hemmingway




Hello, you. Another good day, a day full of promise and air to breathe, that's what I wish for you. I wish you a day to feel, smell, see, hear and taste. I wish you a day to immerse yourself in images that soothe your heart. I wish you a day that holds the right amount of solitude and a generous amount of support. I wish you a supernatural happiness, unexplained but felt and appreciated. I wish you a sense of YOU and the magnetic characteristics that cause others to love you. Look in the mirror and say, "Oh, there you are, my friend."
Love others as you love yourself.
xopp

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hi. I have just spent a while looking around you blog and what a blessing it has been! It is so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing so much. It has been such an encouragement to read such wonderful words.
Bless you.
Carol

Bobbi & Noe said...

Omgosh! That header is adorable. Love the fairy picture!

Andrea said...

I love, love, love the quotes!!! How inspiring!!!

Thank you, dear friend, for your precious words of encouragement! And thank you for praying for my dh and me! I appreciate you so very much!

We are still waiting to hear from drs. But that's OK. God is testing our patience, I believe! And I know, if I know nothing else, His hand is on our lives. Praise Him!

Take care of yourself! Many, many blessings to you and your family! (I am currently in Missouri visiting my younger son and his family, and oh, how good it is to see my little grands again!)

Love,

Andrea

Left-Handed Housewife said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers