Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Morning


Jeff took this picture in Minsk. I love the old wagon, don't you? Home from the market she goes. I have never been to a European city. I've only been to a few Asian countries and Australia, but there is something timeless about this woman and I like timeless. All my life, I've longed for the past. I preferred old houses, old clothes, old furniture. I like Donna Reed, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, The Patty Duke Show. I'm not sure if I like the simplicity or the images of all things happy. I don't gravitate toward conflict, so I like to live in a happy world via television, books, and movies. However, I'm finding myself less drawn to artificial worlds as I get older and choose to descend rather than ascend. As I look at this week, I feel equipped to take it as it comes instead of trying to put a positive spin on it. I am moving away from "responsible for your own life" toward the obscurity of surrender. It feels wobbly, but right.

1 comment:

Bradley W. Maston said...

"it's good spelling, but it's wobbly..." Winnie-ther-Pooh

Followers